2 weeks post gallbladder removal

Posted , 11 users are following.

I hope this blog is still open. I've read all the comments and experiences and im glad im not the only one feeling this way. I had surgery October 28th and this past week has been the worst i have had nausea, vomiting, chills each time i eat and anxiety. I cry all day and cannot feel better i started taking zofran but the anxiety and chills i feel are the worst I feel horrible.

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Next
  • Posted

oh wow dreading my surgery seen good and bad things about it how long did it take for you to have your surgery

• Posted

1 year unfortunately they didnt know what was wrong until 4 months ago.

• Posted

I think you are still very early days and will heal up just fine. I am six months post operation and my digestion started to get better around month four, but really on month six. I’m very grateful. Also used amitriptyline and Ativan at bed, but faith got me well. God bless

• Posted

Oh my. You poor thing. Can you call your doctor about these symptoms? It doesn't sound normal to me. I had problems after my surgery but it was because I developed an h pylori infection after.

• Posted

They told me a few patients feel this way i am on a low fat diet and taking prilosec per dr many patients feel this way weeks and months after so dreading it. They have done labs and they say they are normal.

• Posted

i promise you it gets better. just give yourself time. it took me 5 months to improve. after all yiu have had a organ removed.

• Posted

Did you get chills and nausea? It seems like every time i eat is this huge panic attack and nausea.

• Posted

Hi, remember if you're worried about anything then please call your doctor. It does take alot longer than people think to recover from this operation. I had mine 2 years ago and even though I'm still careful of the amount of fats that I eat, I can eat what I like.

The first few weeks are the worst but don't forget you've had major surgery and you're missing an organ. Your body has to learn how to function without it which in some people takes a bit of time. Anything from 6 months to a year is when the full healing takes place but you shouldn't have probably after this time unless its from something else!

Hang on in there, take it easy, don't rush to get back to normal too soon as you don't want to hurt yourself, eat sensibly and try to relax. I know you're anxious but that doesn't help your healing. If you have any doubts then please go and see your doctor. I can only go on my own experience and from being on here which was my lifesaver to speak to people just like me.

Good luck and relax its early days . K xx

• Posted

One thing the doctor can check is your bile ducts. Sometimes you can have a stone stuck. You need to go to the ER. This can cause nausea, vomiting and sweats and you feel Very sick. The way to have this checked is by going to emergency and ask them about this. And that you will need a CT scan with contrast.. This will find stones of they are supposed indeed lodged. I went through this myself. That's why I think this might be what is wrong with you. Hope you feel better. Be strong and optimistic ok. Good Luck.

• Posted

Sorry you're feeling so unwell but its early days for you and it seems that some of us take longer to recover than others.

I too have anxiety which tends to make all the symptoms much worse.

I'm four and a half po but from the first day I had nausea and diarrhoea which made me very anxious. I was given.meds for nausea and diarrhoea and ativan for anxiety.

I can tell you that it does get better with time. I've been able to work out what foods I cant tolerate and I've discovered that digestive enzymes and probiotics definitely help me.

I still get random days of diarrhoea, nausea, dizziness and a flu-ish ffeeling and I have no idea why it happens. (nor does doctor).

I've learned to just relax on those days. it does go away and I have lots more good days than bad ones now.

so be patient and give your body the rest it requires to heal.

hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Yes i have days i wake up and am so shaky today being one of them. I feel like im not in control of my body and feel very nauseous and feel no hunger at all. On top of that the anxiety due to all of this has caused me to feel worse i just want to feel better and what angers me is that drs dont tell you these could be symptoms you will have with time. Did you ever feel chills and nausea? Because i eat and cant seem to keep anything down.

• Posted

I agree, the Doctors tell us nothing!

Yes I get nausea about once a week still but it's less than in the beginning and I usually nibble on crackers and drink ginger ale.

I don't vomit though.

Have you spoken to a doctor about your vomiting?

Anxiety can also cause a lot of symptoms especially with your digestive system. it would be a good idea to get something to help you with that. When I'm anxious I have no appetite.

Are you getting enough nourishment? lack of food could cause you to feel shaky too.

• Posted

I have been eating fruits and veggies and protein shakes because i cant keep anything down but i have chills and anxiety and nausea because of this and its just hard.

• Posted

Did you ever get heartburn and nausea? I have been having a lot of if since surgery.

• Posted

leave the fruit and vegetables and try some homemade chicken broth, dry crackers, toast, plain boiled white rice, grilled skinless chicken breast, ginger tea. an empty stomach can make nausea worse.

try to walk a little bit a few times a day and eat a small amount every two hours. that helped me in the beginning.

do you have medication for nausea or anxiety?

I think it's the bile that causes nausea. you can get meds for that too.

I take digestive enzymes and a good probiotic which I find are really helping.

don't be anxious about your condition, so many people suffer after gallbladder surgery, but it does get better with time. we just have to realise that it takes a long time and a lot of effort to recover for some of us. Anxiety makes everything worse, believe me, I'm an expert at it! I only started feeling better when I got the anxiety in control.

• Posted

yes I had heartburn and nausea and took meds for both, still do when necessary

• Posted

I wake up each morning and vomit bile i dont know if this is normal as well i have been eating toast and tea but i just feel shakey and nauseous each morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.