2 weeks post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

2 weeks post op tomorrow and what a day I have got ,first physio session in the morning and staples out in the afternoon not looking forward to it apart from that slept pretty well last night woke up after 2 hours and then slept for 5 hours 

0 likes, 23 replies

Report / Delete

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sharon,  good luck tomorrow.  Hope all goes well.  Amazed you slept for 5 hours straight so soon. Good for you.  I am 7 weeks post op and am just now getting 4 - 5 hours at a time.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sharon!

Sounds like you are doing very well! Glad to hear that you are getting some sleep. That will help SO MUCH with your recovery!

Staples...Just keep breathing and know that it goes pretty quickly. Once the staples are out your leg WILL feel less tight. Moving becomes easier. I wouldn't have believed that the skin closes up in just that short amount of time, but it DOES!

The incision site will feel strange for quite awhile and pretty tender at first. I found that running warm water over it while in the shower was quite soothing. E-45 cream works well to keep the site moist. Scabs come off when they are ready.

You will be fine!

Take care!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Good luck with the physio, do not be afraid to say something if it hurts. Don't go through the pain, find an alternative way of doing that particular exercise.  Hopefully your knee is still numb so you won't feel the staples coming out.  Still a weird feeling though.  Hope you continue to get a good sleep at night. It makes such a difference.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Didn't do much at physio mainly talking and going through what I need to do measured the bend which was 85 got to concentrate on the straightening as not quite there yet was pleased with my progress so far and seeing me again in 2 weeks
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Wow....Sharon are you in UK?  Believe it or not...here in the states...I did not have staples.....they glued my incision closed.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sharon

I am 13 weeks post op now and going back to work next Friday.

Hope all went well with you today.

I've had a great recovery and hope you do to.

Keep up the good work.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Physio was really pleased with my progress so far and had staples out felt a few of them but all over now and the best bit was my daughter had her baby today . Good luck on your return to work 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ah well done Sharon.Onwards and upwards now. Congratulations on the birth of your new grandchild how lovely.

You will find your knee becoming less and less stiff now. Still feel the rubber band tightness but it does become easier 😊😊😊😊

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks Pam. I happy that i`m up on my feet and doing so well but not happy to be going back to work. I do 12 hour shifts mixed night and days in London who wants to do that lol. still we have to work to pay the mortgage. Happy days. Hope all is well with you. lol 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea!!! Nice size boy! He will be a hungry one, I bet! Hope your daughter had a reasonably calm time of it.

We had our first grandchild, a 6lb. 4oz. granddaughter in September. We are the Rookie Grandparents, and Crystal's mom is the Veteran Grandma with seven other grandkids! Arya was SO TINY, but she was strong and healthy. A big relief!

Enjoy every moment with your new little grandson! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up