2 years and counting, is this Plantir Fasciitis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

Been struggling with pain now for 2 years, just received a course of injections which has done nothing.  My pain isn't on the heel its just after it it, the area below the center of the foot. It's agony to touch.  If i go for a run i have to stop after 10 mins and get off my feet.  I've had MRI, ultrasound and nothing has been picked up, struggling to get a diagnostic but i'm fairly certain it has to be the plantir and drs now think so.  

Does anyone else experience this pain and none in the heel?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI Ross..i have had p.f for some time . No pain in heel either, it's in the middle of base of foot. Was initially treat with heel cup inserts(even though I explained I had no pain in my heels). 3 months later went to podiatrist, gave me arch supports which help but I'm still struggling.

• Posted

Hi Ross

what a complex problem this PF is.

I don't always have heel pain it is mostly on the top of my foot but the heel pain is always there.

Sometimes I cannot walk for days with excruciating pain.  I soak my foot in ice and rest up and this relieves it after a few days, but never totally.   I walked with my grandson yesterday for 15 minutes and was nearly in tears  when I got back.  I saw a podiatrist and bought some special trainers which is the only footwear I can wear as my foot is also swollen.

I have tried gel heels, rolling pin and calf exercises also to no avail.

I have had injections with no improvement.

I spoke to a Physio and he said  I should have severe pain on getting out of bed in the morning with PF.  Initially I did and that was when doc diagnosed PF,  but I don't know.   Like you at a loss as some peoples PF disappears after a time.   I just think  I have to grin and bear it as it seems unsolvable.

rolleyes
    • Posted

My fiance was cured using this ... www.fasciacure.ca - it is still in the "pre-market' phases and I know it's not yet for "sale" ... email them off their web-site??

• Posted

Hi Ross. I'm the same as you had my PF for over 2 years. Tried everything to no avail.

I've had the injection...rubbish. I get up in the morning and i can walk i'm in so much pain. My pain is to the side of my foot and in my Achilles. I had an xray sometime ago and have Heel spurs in both feet. I'm just waiting for an appointment with a orthopaedic surgeon. I've decided that having an operation and being off work for a month or two is better than living with the crippling pain. Maybe you should ask for a referral to see a orthopaedic Dr. Doesn't mean you will have an operation but they will know what else can be done, a little more than your local GP.

Any questions feel free

Sarahlol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.