2 years anxiety free now strange symptoms back

Posted , 3 users are following.

3 years ago, I had continuous headaches, I was back and forwards to the doctors, eventually I developed more symptoms, strange head pressure, numbness, tingling, de realisation. Anyway I was sent for lots of tests, all came back clear, I started on Sertraline had CBT, I was fine for ages. 2 years on from recovery, I've started getting all these odd sensations back again, it's like I have a funny turn, face feels numb, eyes feel odd, like they aren't mine, throat closing up, and today all day my face has been numb, although it isn't numb it's just a sensation. I'm so upset this is happening again, it's been a tough year, my daughter tried to commit suicide this year and self harms, so that's been on my mind, I've been obsessed for a few months that there is something wrong, jumping from one illness to another, I've also got a new job and got a place at Uni. Life is busy with 7 children too! I don't know what to think, if it's anxiety I can get over it, I have before, but with anxiety there is always the feeling that it's something else!! Worrying but trying not to 😞

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It could very well be anxiety. You have a lot going on. A daughter who tried to commit suicide. Not feeling at all well yourself and 7 children to think about so you have got to hold it together somehow. Go and speak to your doctor. If you haven't already, make him aware of your home life and the pressure it puts you under and he might put you on something to calm you down.  You also need to explain about your daughter and see if he can get her any help.
  • Posted

Anxiety can do all sprts of damage I have found this out over the past several months. Last year was the worst year of my life and things have not gotten any better I dont "feel" stressed or "anxious" but my body isbtelling my I am(I guess since all tests came back normal). I have ths constant brain fog (maybe derealization), my joints hurts, tingling in my foot and hand, thirst, hunger, i wake up in the middle of the night feeling like i can not swallow,rashes and fatigue to name a few. I have had blood test upon blood test, seen a neurologist, GI doc and all have given the "all looks normal maybe its stress or anxiety" speech. I keep telling myself once I getter over this it'll be ok but then something else rears its ugly head and I have major OCD all of sudden.
  • Posted

It does sound like your anxiety and perhaps depression is making an appearance, not suprisingly really given your circumstances.

See you GP and explain as Gwen1953 suggests as you could go with the meds to help you through it.

It will go on its own but you need the help to see the acute phase out.

A course of CBT will also be helpful.

Take care N

• Posted

Thanks for your replies. I do plan a visit to the doctors early next week, it's just so odd how all these things are happening now, when realistically some positive things yet perhaps a little stressful things are happening, it's nearly a year since my daughter took her overdose so why not then, yes I was very upset at the time and sought help for her and me at the time but these symptoms weren't present then. I guess there is no point questioning everything to much, I guess our mind works in mysterious ways, will see what my GP says, I guess because similar symptoms were put down to anxiety the first time round I'm assuming this is the same. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.