2 years of hell - ideas?

Posted , 6 users are following.

about 2 years ago after i had gone out to a restaurant with my pregnant wife i thought i was having a heart attack. We got home my wife called the ambulance who arrived did some tests, and took me to hospital for more tests and ECG's. All of which came back negative.

During the weeks that followed i was scared to death thinking there is something wrong, i would always been at work, on the train, waking up going to sleep listing to my heat beat trying to identify if there was any issues (there wasn’t of course) at night time i used to get these what i would describe as shocks. The feeling that a cattle prod has been touched on my skin, which used to make me jump up in bed, these thankfully have gone away.

These "attacks" come and go and for 2 years now i have lived with them

2 years on and they have gotten worse and stronger, recently i went to the hospital again this time 6 ECG's, blood tests, diabetes tests all negative.

My wife is pregnant again and due shortly.

I'm trying to work out what this is.

I can’t stand it when people talk about death near me or in conversation it "sets" me off alitle bit i don’t like it. I regularly and i mean every day sit at my desk in work and feel shaky, panic'y and disconnected.

I have a new thing now which i focus on, blood clots in my legs. I know have pains in my legs which i think im going to die via a clot i would imagine because of the recent conversations of people i know talking about people they know who have recently died via this.

EVERYDAY i get bad indigestion which brings a pain to my left side of my body and sometimes my arm. This can also trigger my anxiety which makes it worse and I go around in a loop.

I’ve been to the dr’s about this but they didn’t really help just told me to listen to some audio tapes and read about anxiety and depression.

I also get random mild pains over my body which then triggers a mindful of events. I.e I get out of breath, mild pains in arm, legs back, sometimes I get dizzy.

As I say its been 2 years of hell, with tests from the Hospital etc coming back negative what’s wrong with me, recently its really got me down and starting to effect home life.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Thomas. Many of us face similar issues. 

I am actually doing some research on this and diet. May I ask are u a sushi eater?  Anything u noticed in your diet that is irregular. (Your gut holds serotonin and produces it and when there is a deficiency here it will affect anxiety)

• Posted

Not really a Sushi person have it now and again (every 3months or so)

Diet is generally ok dont eat allot of rubbish at home or at work, but weekends can have takeaways (pizza etc)

• Posted

Hi 

try panic attacks 

when you get anxious you over ventilate this causes excess oxygen resulting in nearly all the symptoms you have said 

stop or sit and do 15 breathes a minute in nose out mouth and breathe into a paper bag then 're inhale the carbon dioxide 

see how this goes 

• Posted

thanks for the advice will give it a go, so excess oxygen makes you dizzy and feel "werid" ? and out of breath?
    • Posted

Yep hyperventilating a real pain 

pins and needles 

flushes 

crawling skin 

numbness 

pains 

I'm not saying it is but try it I thought it was load of rurubbish once then tried it and grudgingly all ok 

sometimes anxiety brings on something similar to a spastic oesophagus cramping in pipe to stomach that really feels like the end  

drink kettles warm water breathe or rebreathe and count daft but works 

Have a good Xmas and look forward to your new baby 

• Posted

Hi Thomas, yup sounds like classic anxiety attack/panic disorder with the focus on health.

Best thing is it can be treated both through meds and through cognative behavioural therapy, self help.

Its not life threatening at all although the symptoms make you feel and think your dying but your not.

Suggest a GP visit and discuss possibility of anxiety disorder and take from there.

Neil 

• Posted

Hi Thomas, this is nothing but anxiety. It is hard to believe but you will surely understand when you will come to know how common your symptoms are. I would suggest that you read the discussion with name "health anxiety" on this forum. There you will see many people with your symptoms. Read all experiences and you will notice that their symptoms and there actions against each symptom match with yours 100℅. You will be comforted when you will notice that what you were thinking as of your individual symptom of heart disease are very common with people and its just anxiety. You will get over it soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.