20 mg Citalopram 12 weeks - some good days / some bad days

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking 20 mg of Citalopram for 12 weeks. I can't wait to feel good every day. The ups and downs is really stressing me out. I'm constantly tired and loss my motivation. I find it hard to concentrate at work. I have a couple of good days but then I start to think about when I will feel bad again and I ruin my good moments. I feel like I'm always expecting a bad feeling to come and I'm so stressed because of this. When I have a bad day then it takes a while to snap out of it. My legs feel weak when my anxiety spikes up. My eyes get blurry at times and they feel heavy. The pressure on my head comes and goes throughout the day. I'm so tired of feeling like this.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I feel very similar to you!!!  I've been on Cit for 46 days, but went up to 40 mg 18 days ago.  I have some really good days but then fall back to anxiety ridden days.  The roller coaster ride is so hard.  I have similar symptoms you are feeling as well.  I hope you feel better soon!!!!!!

• Posted

Thank you for your response. I hope you feel better too. If you don't mind me asking, how much Citalopram did you start on? Why did you go up to 40 mg?

• Posted

I started at 20mg and went up after 3.5 weeks because when Imet with my psychiatrist she said I could try to go up on the Cit or switch to a new med.  I wanted to keep trying with Cit so I went up.
  • Posted

I have found that medication alone cannot remove anxiety, must use CBT and other types of brain games to help retrain myself from falling back on thoughts of anxiety and it's symptoms

• Posted

hi

i feel the same way as you. today i have the most crushing tiredness ive had yet. cant stop yawning. feel like ive woke up with a hangover. its funny how its bad but bearable most days but some days i cant cope and i just want to sleep. hard to do in a busy office lol. i feel you pain mate.

• Posted

Thank you for your response. We will get through this one day at a time.
    • Posted

I get very tired and start yawning so. Get up and walk a few minutes. I would rather feel tired than the hyper anxiety!
    • Posted

true better than feeling anxious. i guess some of us get it soem of us dont. hopefully it will wear off in time 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.