20 weeks on 40 mg. I'm lost as what to do.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well 20 weeks on 40 mg. If fluoxetine and I'm still down I've had some good or better days and weeks but this up and down routine is about to wear me down. I haven't felt well since the end of October. I'm tired. Could someone please give some reassurance on how they're journey on this stuff was a success. I know they say it can take months but after 5 I'm about worn down. I've lost too much weight and emotions are a roller coaster.

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you feel better than back in October? If yes, then it is worth to continue. 

This is my seoncd time around and my doctor warned me about stopping but I stopped anyway. After 2.5 years off of it, my anxiety was triggered by another life event.This time is tougher to get over the side effects so if you can stay on, don't stop. 

• Posted

Yeah I feel better. Just hard to believe that it takes this long. Oh yeah definitely feel better. Just afraid is this as good as it gets. Did it take a while for you to feel better as well?
    • Posted

It's not as good as it gets, trust me! It took me 6.5 months. Hang in there, you will make it!

• Posted

Oh man thanks. Needed to hear that. Katecogs has been on and told me the same. I just get discouraged especially when everyone around me are enjoying doing the things they're doing. I'm sure ready.

• Posted

Well, I have only been on it for four weeks so I'm no where to be 100% normal yet........

• Posted

I'm better than I was but anxiety is anxiety and when there's a low time it takes someone to question you as you did "are you better than you were". Thanks for that. Although I'm not where I wanna be yet I am better than when I first started. Just sure ready for the up and up times. I appreciate when people get on here and just let ya know "hey I've been there and you'll make it".

• Posted

Been exactly there. It's frustrating and very hard and no one truly understands. But your almost there just hang in. I know it seems like forever and it will never get there, but it's just around the corner. Katecogs helped me when I thought I'd never feel better. Hang in there you will make it!

• Posted

Thanks Ron. I sure appreciate it. I'm gonna keep on keepin on.

• Posted

Hey.. just wanted to add to this that I completely recovered before on a different SSRI.. escitalopram.. but it took at least 6 months.

I'm now on fluoxetine and have been for about 4 months.. and went up to 40 a week ago. Still have a way to go but definitely feeling better.

So if you feel any improvement at all it means the meds are working.. it just happens very very slowly.

X

• Posted

Thanks Ria. I've had improvements. 1 good month early on and then some good days and weeks. But overall even when I'm down I reckon it is better than when I first started. Thanks.

• Posted

5 months on 40mg of Prozac: that should be more than enough time for you body to adjust. You should tell your doctor and insist that they try something else because you should feel better by now!
    • Posted

Pamela. I have a different view, I believe he is feeing better just not all the way back. It's a good suggestion to talk to your doctor, but these meds react differently in each person. 20mg may affect my body like 40mg does someone else's. if you are seeing improvement, stay the course. 6 months is not uncommon for recovery. This isn't mending a broken leg, it's rewiring the brain.

• Posted

Thanks Ron. I was on citalopram before and don't wanna give up on it to early 5 months is a lot of time to throw down the tubes. I pray that it picks up.

• Posted

Yes, but it's early on, been back just a week, but I have felt normal.

• Posted

Thanks Ron. Did you have to raise your dose or anything? Or did you stay with the same one throughout the recovery?
    • Posted

I'm glad your feeling better. That's awesome. I'm ready.

• Posted

Glad your feeling better Ron. I'm feeling better than I was its kinda a dull anxious feeling and a flat feeling I guess depressed feeling or just dull. My legs when I get up feel dead and lazy and my head feels heavy and full. Is this how you felt as well?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.