20 weeks on 40 mg. I'm lost as what to do.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well 20 weeks on 40 mg. If fluoxetine and I'm still down I've had some good or better days and weeks but this up and down routine is about to wear me down. I haven't felt well since the end of October. I'm tired. Could someone please give some reassurance on how they're journey on this stuff was a success. I know they say it can take months but after 5 I'm about worn down. I've lost too much weight and emotions are a roller coaster.

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I'm 21 and feel hopeless I've 2 weeks done on prozac and I can't see how it is supposed to help cure anxiety and panic attacks .. it's making my thoughts and panic worse and I see no hope I'm sitting at hope in bed all day every day for the past month and I feel so so sick of it and my thoughts and not being able for life .rolleyes I don't understand how these drugs are supposed to help me sad

• Posted

Hang in there! I've done 4 months on fluoxetine.. went up to 40 one week ago and only now just having some better days.

These meds take a long time to work! And then a bit longer. And they almost always will make you feel worse before feeling better. When I went up to 40 I had a few days of hell! So so anxious I could barely function! But I am only just starting to get benefit from them now.

I know it feels like you're gonna be stuck like this forever.. you won't!

I know you probably think the meds aren't gonna work.. they will! Just a pity they are so slow 🙄

X

• Posted

Thanks sad but I can't see how I'm supposed to wait for months that's forever rolleyes

• Posted

That's how I felt. Plus I have 3 kids to look after.

But you can and you will. You have no other choice.

Things will get better. One day at a time.

Try not to look too far ahead 😊

• Posted

Okay thanks ria i will stick with them and hope for the best tomorrow will be day 15 . I just hope they will make me better and not worse . Exactly I have no other choice so I'll have to try and see if these work ... and be "patient" u seem so strong . And I admire your strength when u have 3 kids too. Would u get crazy thoughts at the start on the Prozac ? And fears? They are really bothering me . And did u take them for anxiety /panic attacks too ?

• Posted

They will make you worse before they make you better. But just know that you will get there! Even when it seems like you won't.

I definitely haven't been strong throughout all of this! It's only now that I'm feeling abit better I can talk like this.

I would have horrible thoughts! Like I didn't want to be here anymore and I almost felt suicidal. I'm Not that I would ever have done it. But I felt like a prisoner in my own mind and that's the way I was gonna be stuck forever and I would rather die.

And yep I'm taking them for pretty severe anxiety.

You will get there!!

X

• Posted

It sounds crazy but the drugs will make you feel worse before better. That's a sign they are working. It's hard to understand, but you have to accept that it's part of the recovery. I'm sorry we all have to go through this, but it does get better. Hang on to that on the dark days. You will come back!

• Posted

Hey Ron. The insomnia is still pretty strong is it one that lessens eventually? And the morning anxiety is still prevalent. Still normal at this point?
    • Posted

Danny, I didn't have insomnia, I had the opposite, fatigue hard to get up. But I would say that what ever is affecting you is still normal at this stage, yes. And mornings to mid mornings were usually the worst

• Posted

Danny, I've found 5HTP helpful for insomnia and anxiety. Tahe one 100 tablet 3 times a day.

• Posted

Thanks Ron. Hey are you on 20 or 40 mgs?
    • Posted

Thanks Pamela. I've been taking pharma gaba. Does the 5htp help you a lot?

• Posted

Yes, 5HTP does SEEM TO WORK SOME. . I've found it to help with anxiety and insomnia. I take 100mg. - 3 times per day with meals.

• Posted

I'm on 20.  I was put on 20 and just stayed the course.

• Posted

Ok thanks Ron. I'm on 40. And I sometimes think that it's too much. A lot of energy. Amped up pretty good at times.

• Posted

Hey Ron do you take your in the morning or evening?
    • Posted

Yeah the morning and afternoon. 20 morning and 20 in the afternoon. I'm supposed to go back to the dr. Thursday. Sure had a rough go today. Panicky and crying spell. Felt down and hopeless. Did you have these feelings in the 5 month 1 week mark also? Still not all the way settled down yet but better. Thanks Ron

• Posted

Hey Ron. Hope all is well. I was just checking to see how you were getting along? Lately I've had just more depression I think. The anxiety is a lot lower than it was but now just a low feeling. Some apathy nauseous feeling. My head still feels kind of fool but at the same time kind of vapory vision. Head feels like it's floating sometimes I guess it's how I can describe it. Does this all seem kind of about right for the timeframe?

• Posted

Hey Danny,  thanks for asking - I beleive all has gotten back pretty close to normal as I've had a good 2 1//2 week stretch.  Of course, after 6 months of this hell, I'm still cautiously optimistic.  The head was the last thing to hang on to me for a while, in fact,  the head was my main issue for a good 2 months when everything else seem to be go away (weajness, nauseau, etc.).  That is extactly right for the timeframe - you are on the path to receovery and I know it will be soon.  You won't wake up one day and it's all gone, it's a gradual thing and you start to realize that you didn't feel bad that day, then it's two days, etc.  You still may have one day in there that bites you, but that's how it goes away, gradually.  What I have found is that after having gone through that hell on my body for a good 6-7 months, my body has emerged just tired.  Like I've been through some prize fight, and it needs time to recover.  But I'll take because I can get back into shape.  You are almost there, hang in- everything you are felling and where you are in recovery is normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.