20mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear all nice to meet you all i am new and i have just started taking 20mg of cit how r you finding it? I was on 10mg but felt i needed a bit more how long will it take its been about a week. x

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Hi PP. this is a that take awhile to kick in for some ppl. However it is great when u get to feel the full effects. There are many ppl in here who have shared their stories/experiences with this med so I wud encourage you to read some of the posts. Keep ur head up. U will feel better!!!
    • Posted

Forgot to say med in my first sentence!!!!!! Lol
    • Posted

Hi again PP. its still an ongoing process for me. I'm just getting over a cold/flu and I find myself in a strange place. Like what they call a blip. So I know this will pass. I've been on these meds since mid Jan-16. It really does work for me. I read a lot of posts on this site. Theres a lot of great people that share a lot of good info.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply and hope u feel better soon and get over that cold you have keep warm and take lots of fluids.
  • Posted

I can only speak for myself & these meds have given me back my life. It wasn't easy at the beginning with side affects etc but if you stick with it & it can take sometime you will feel such a different person. So good luck. Also the forum has been invaluable it helps So much to know you are not alone . PERSEVERE 😃
    • Posted

Thanks Linda for your advice what was your side effects and how long till u started to feel much better? x
  • Posted

It took me 12-14 days. My only side effect is not being able to have an orgasm which is very frustrating. I'm a 40 year old female, I'm sure some others may experience different side effects. Hope I didn't scare you. It has helped with my depression tremendously

• Posted

Thanks for your message i am 32 and i know what you mean about what you said it takes longer and its annoying its a price worth paying a sound mind with a delay in that area tho ha ha 
  • Posted

Hello PrettyPink,  Welcome!  Cital has worked for me very well.  I have been on 20 mg for 3 years, and I have had no problems with it. 

Now, at first you will most likely find your anxiety and depression will be heightened, some say they have a foggy head, an upset tummy and trouble sleeping.  Now, my doctor told me to take it about 30 min before bed with a little food.  I also have a friend that is on it, and her doctor told her the same.  Neither of us have had these problems like others have that take them in the morning.  It has helped both of us with sleep...I used to have an awful time with sleep!! 

Time wise, everyone is different, but “they” say it takes about 5-7 weeks before it gets into your system...it seems to actually can take a bit longer before it fully works on your system.  BUT, you will start to notice, even in the beginning, you will start to feel better, then you will feel you have taken a step...or 3 backward before you go forward again.  This is all normal.  The side effects are normal.  I try to tell people that we didn’t get this way over night, so it will take time to “fix” us too.  It can be a roller coaster ride, but if you stick with it, you will be so much better for it.  A lot of people find that even though they do feel like they go backwards at times, they do see they are making progress.  This is all part of the meds working on us. 

Cital is a serious med, and you can’t just stop it, or up it at will.  It all needs to be done with your doctor, and done slowly one way or the other, like you are already doing.  And of course, if at any time you don’t feel it is working, or you are getting worse, make sure you keep in touch with your doctor.  Just because one med works for some, does not always work for someone else.  There are other meds out there that work too.  But Cital is a good med, and is used most often as in the long run, it has the least amount of bad effects in the long run.  This is what my doctor told me anyway.  There are stronger ones, but I was worried about getting hooked on some weird drug that would cause health problems...I have enough of those...I just needed help with my mind to cope with things.  Doc thought this one was the best for me. 

Remember, you can always come here and post any questions you may have, there are a lot of really wonderful people here, with great advice!  No one judges anyone here!  And what is really nice is, we understand what others are going through, as we too are either going through, or have gone through it too.  I am so glad I found this forum...it has helped me a lot!  I wish you good luck!!  Sending you a {{{{HUG}}}} as we all need those now and then!!!  smile

• Posted

You get an ATTAGIRL for that great explanation Deidra.
    • Posted

smile  Thank You John!  It's kind of hard to explain to someone that is new to these meds!  I didn't really have anyone to tell me about it, or what to expect.  I wish I had found this site a lot sooner!  I've been on Cital for 3 years, and only found the site a few months ago...boy have I learned a lot in that time!  Thank goodness I had a friend that had gone on it just before me...so I had a lot of questions for her.  We just kind of figured it out together.  "Did you have this...did you have that"  ok...must be normal.  lol
    • Posted

Well you do a great job of explaining the workings of these meds. As does Katecogs, another person who posts on this site. I very much enjoy reading both of ur explanations and I know new ppl in here profit greartly from this!! So a "big thank you"!!!!!!
    • Posted

Well, Thank You, It's good to know I've been able to explain things properly!  Yes, I too have learned a lot from Katecogs, and others on here.  This site has been very helpful to me!!  smile  Continued good luck to you!!
    • Posted

aww thanks for your lovely reply thats so kind of you. I was in denial for a while i go on it fel better and come off it myself was not good at all. I have depresstion and anixty as lost my son a few years ago i was 5 and half months preg and the grief came out years later. I am so glad i have found you all and this great site. Thanks for the welcoming and lovely help. I was on 10mg and still did not feel 100% spoke to doctor and now i am on 20mg plus having some cbt which has help. My obsessive behaviour is better but the anixty is a bit up the wall. But today was the best day i had and not feeling low and down with no way out. Iv changed my diet and started the gym class which is helping my mood as well. The sleeping was awful on this and i two take a few hours before bed. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.