20yo back pain for years, recently much worse. Any ideas?

Posted , 1 user is following.

When i was 15 my upper spine, ribs and chest had sharp stabbing pains. So after a bunch of medical tests at my local childrens hospital - they found nothing - i ended up with a chiropractor who really helped me out for a few years. I'm in college now, i still suffer from the same pain, but it's only gotten worse over the last year.

Now i see 2 chiropractors, one 2-3 times a week and the other when I'm home from college.

I don't know anyone my age who has this kind of persistent pain

My chest is sharp and paiful on usually just my left side when i take deep breaths, my back betweeen my shoulder blades feels like there is sharp jagged glass stabbing into my spine when i lean forward or turn or lift my head. Trying to open my chest, or stretch or move a shoulder forward. Really any movement besides laying down and sometimes even then.

My neck is the same pain but its so much more noticeable because i use my head motion more than my body i think. When i tilt my head down, up, left, or right, lean to either side, speak when my head isn't upright, hum, yell, cough, literally any movement is like crushing glass between my bones.

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I use a posture corrector, i see my chiros multiple times a week, i try to exercise when the pain isn't overwhelming. The chiro adjustment holds for like a day, and I'm back in pain when i take corrector off, I can't live like this. Does anybody have any ideas on what this might be, how to fix it, or what the hell i can do to lessen the pain? I recently tried weed and it went from like a 96/100 to like a 45/100. Still there but much much less. No one seems to think anything is that wrong, my mom thinks it is growing pains. I am so ready to give up. Please help.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.