21 days and I can see the sun

Posted , 6 users are following.

After a shaky, nauseous start, I have completed my first 3 weeks on 10mg of Cit.Attended a fantastic talk on anxiety and depression in the work place last night. Met some great new people and feel so inspired. Woke up feeling good today. No Xanax needed before work. I think things are looking up and I feel so happysmile

4 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So happy for you..I hope I can say this 1 day xx
    • Posted

Keep going Betty. You will get there. Just feels good to finally have a good day. I really hope you feel better soon .. Lee x
  • Posted

Hi Lee,

That is wonderful news. I am made up for you. It shows that it does work. It gives me hope. I'm coming up to my 4th week and still waiting for it to start. I won't give up and hearing great news like this gives me encouragment to keep takin them.

Here to happy smily future, Lee

• Posted

Well done! The more you know about the beast the better you are able to handle and control it.

Not to put a damper on things, but just remember you may have a downer now and again, if so, remember the good times, like last night and getting up HAPPY! this morning.

Onwards and upwards!

Best regards,

David

• Posted

Really pleased for you lee, I've been on my med a little longer than you still waiting for mine to kick in but everyone responds to the med differently. But it gives us all encouragement .

jean

• Posted

Same here Jean. but hearing that has worked on Lee is encouragment for us
  • Posted

Not sure my last one went through but so glad you are doing so well at week 3 on 10mg wish I could say the same but your mind is going with the flow, me I'm still afraid of the stuff I guess and not letting myself go with it, fighting it you could say because I don't want to be like my ,mom was and depend on pills for the rest of my life. Good for you Lee, keep going, hope it works for you well. Cindy
    • Posted

Cindy, Anthony and Jean, hang in there. I am certainly nowhere near where I need to be, but could feel a shift today. I am still a bit tired and not ready to dance on the tables just yet, but doing what I need to do to get through the days. I think it may just be a few side effects subsiding, and that makes a big difference. We have to believe, and keep working towards more happy times. Do I think it's kicked in? No. do I see a change, yes. that is all that matters right now. Cindy, stop fighting and let it be. Taking a pill can't be worse than feeling miserable all the time. Go us!
    • Posted

Trying Lee but mornings aren't easy it seems, very anxious or panicky, don't like it at all.
    • Posted

I am so sorry you are having such a rough time Cindy. I am sure you are trying your best. Did your Dr give you anything to help with the possible increase in anxiety for the first few weeks?
    • Posted

I do have clonazepam, guess I should use it more than I do, just afraid of pills
    • Posted

I try taking that mainly Addy bedtime so I sleep, that's why I take that one but that can make me tired too, I hate the fatigued feeling.
    • Posted

Sorry, auto correct, not Addy AT*
    • Posted

Hello Lee. 

Like you said just let go and ride with it. That I shall be doing now on. I think I am waiting for a miracale to happen and setting ym self up for a big fall. If these low moods and anxiety will stop that will do me. I just want to be able to go for a drink after work with mates and have a laugh, that was the old me, always planning parties and the next weekend outing. I miss it, but would I like to go one a weekend away at this moment in time, No. I am seeing a mate tomorrow, big atep, and i shall tell her why I have been so quiet and she will have to bare with me. It a tram ride away so that will be interesting as i always full. Chin up guys, Like my mother says, 'you got to help yourself' and I shall be trying my damm hardest xx

• Posted

Yes I'm the same way right now, I can't do anything I enjoy, can't leave my own home right now, can't drive right now either. Sure hope I get myself back you do too. Good luck Anthony to you
    • Posted

Sounds all too familiar, and I think we sometimes have to push through and do stuff we don't really feel up to. I have not had drinks with the girls for months, and like you am always sociable. For now I have just given myself a little time off the radar to let the meds work, and don't have a lot of energy for anything other than my family and my job. Great that you have a plan for tomorrow, and I am sure you will go home feeling better for it. PS. Your mom is right 👍
    • Posted

We will get there Cindy. It might take longer for it to kick in for us, but alleast we are addresing the matter before it gets any worse. It not a way of life, and i'm sure ive been like this for years and years, but thought better of my self till I hit rock bottom a few weeks back. 
    • Posted

Cindy, I think you are going to be just fine. Take the clonazapam as prescribed. I am sure your Dr has not been irresponsible in his dosage prescription, and they may help smoothe the process for you a bit. My Dr gave me xanax which I was also terrified to take, but after a few wonky days I just decided I would trust that he had my best interests at heart. They have made it way easier in terms of anxiety. I think i was so happy today because for the first time in two weeks I didn't take one. That was not planned, I just forgot, and felt fine without it. Thinking of you as we take our baby steps each day x lots of love, Lee.
    • Posted

No you're right, not a good life feeling this way right now. 5 weeks going on 6 weeks on 10 mg of citalopram, hope it kicks in soon for us both. Thank you Anthony.
    • Posted

Thank you Lee for your kind words, sure helps to talk to people who are on there same meds and have similar side effects, does make me feel that it's a normal feeling I'm having from them
    • Posted

Hi cindy

Same with me the mornings are horrendous never seems to be any let up.As soon I wake up the knots in the stomach start then I start worrying how I'm gonna get through the day which makes me more anxious. Before all this kicked off I would jump out of bed ready to enjoy what was in store used to love shopping hobbies & socialing couldn't get enough but now it's like looking at a different person. 

• Posted

Same way totally. How long and how much do you take Jean if I may ask?
    • Posted

I started on 10mgs of citrolpram for 6 wks then my GP upped my dose to 20mgs just over 2 wks ago but my anxiety seems to be more intense since my med was upped or maybe it's just me thinking this I really don't know but due to see my GP next week so see what she has to say.

jean x

• Posted

Yeah I started on 5 mg for 5 weeks, she upped it to 10 mg going on 6 weeks, afraid she'll up it on me next week Tuesday when I go in to see her. I loved to do fbook and work on crafts and my granddaughters visits and other family members but right now it all makes me anxious.
    • Posted

Maybe she'll just up it 5 mg maybe it won't be as severe side effects if she gradually ups the dose on me.
    • Posted

Same here cindy I've had to come off fbook can't handle it and my sewing, trouble is if we tried we would be ok but this dam illness won't let us enjoy the thing we love must. Let me know how you go on at the doctors.

jean

• Posted

Will do and you keep in touch too, please its good talking to someone with the same anxiety issues. Cindy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.