21 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on 20mg flouxetine for 21 weeks mornings are dreadful and I feel despair that I will never feel relaxed and free of this horrible feeling it is awful -I try to accept it and carry on going to work and so forth but it is v hard my mind seems to constantly dip and I get headaces and struggle to get through the day how do we get through this without fighting it

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie, do you feel any different from before you started taking the fluoxetine? ie better or worse? It may be a good idea to go back to your doctor to discuss your medication, either changing it or increasing it. Hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

Not really sometimes a bit but it goes back again I did not really want to increase it really hoping it will level out wondering if anyone see has this problem
  • Posted

Hang in there, I have read that there are ups and downs, I have usually 2 good, then 3 bad, then 3 good then 2 bad. I know it varies for everyone.

Perhaps a anti anxiety med might work for you? I take Klonopin at night before I go to bed.  It helps although it makes me dopey tired the next AM.  I have found that by taking a .5 mg pill my morning wretching is less.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.