24/7 365

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can I just ask if there are any ladies that suffer night sweats and flushes every single day and night. I have had these now constantly for 4 years and haven't had a single day or night without at least one. They are less frequent but daily really? Long to be cold. Thanks

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

My doctor has just given me chlonodine hydrochloride as mine are horrendous. I will let you know if it helps.

• Posted

Sorry to hear this.. must be terrible especially at night when you need your sleep. I take a vitamin for PMS symtoms -- not sure it's working but I take it anyways just in case type of thing. But many of the hundreds of reviews are about hot flashes so might want to look into it. It's a womens health vitimin on the home shopping website..

• Posted

I will have a little look see thank you xx

• Posted

Had them day and night for 12 years plus, duvet at night is on and off like a yo yo 😃 mine aren't too bad, think I'm just used to them now 😃

• Posted

I know that duvet yo yo Ha Ha!! I am not too bad most of the time its the real infernos that get on my nerves would just like a break. I suppose I must hope as they are not as frequent that in time they might just stop, fingers crossed for both of us xx

• Posted

sometimes I realise that I haven't had a hot flush for ages and think maybe..... but then they return!!! so annoying lol having a few days of feeling tearful, spots, headache, I'm nearly 63 but it seems that hormones haven't done with me yet but I realise what it is (still!) and push through it otherwise I would be a slave to it lol 😃 xx

• Posted

You are absolutely right. If you have no through the day they all of sudden pounce!! My body seems to say well the lights are out lets start to cook in bed, I guess if I get one night free I will have turned a corner, heres hoping x

• Posted

Mine are worse at night, I only have to turn over and it sets one off 😃 to be honest after all these years I have got used to them and tend to just let them get on with it, I'm lucky in that from the outside I don't look hot or flushed, it's all kicking off inside haha 😃 xx

• Posted

glad you posted this...i was getting worried. lol. of course i was bc everything is terminal! but seriously i have been in peri about 4 years and just started having the night sweats on a regular basis. i used to get them occasionally but lately its been every night. last period was 2 months late (first time that long) so i am assuming this is normal? the less periods you have the more hot flashes and night sweats?

• Posted

Generally speaking yes you are correct, but I have learn't to expect the unexpected hormones don't always follow logic. I can say mine are not as bad but I've had heat with no flush or heat with no sweat,or both sometimes just my knees burn!! They may you feel sick, dizzy, shaky and cause palpatations, anxiety and headaches and can completely overwhem you. Somedays I feel responsible for melting the polar ice cap and global warming, I'm just glad they don't last as long as they did. Hope you don't suffer too much with them. I learn't a couple of tricks too keep cool at night in the summer heat. Have a water spray thats been cooled in the fridge for spritzing at night, if you are like me and have long hair plait up off your neck then put your head under the shower and go to bed with dripping wet hair it made a huge difference for me. Also I've noticed if you have your back exposed as much as possible and your feet cool it does reduce the severity. Best Wishes xx

• Posted

thank you! i am just now realizing that i have to switch up my bedtime attire bc i used to always be cold

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.