25, convinced my self I have pancreatic cancer! Terrified.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Right so, I'm 25 with a beautiful little boy, I've suffered from chest pain for about 4 years now and I've had, a million blood tests, a CT, and recently a ultrasound, and not one doctor can tell me what it is, so the frustration has led me to looking online for an answer which is where we get to pancreatic cancer.

I don't smoke very rarely drink and I'm 5ft 10 and weigh 13.2 stone

For about 10 days now I have had constant nausea especially first thing in the morning and staying there all day, I've had abdominal pain along with it, I had one episode where it was severe for about 45 minutes then it calmed right down, now it's just there all day I would say more discomfort rather than pain, worse when I lay on my back to I never have sickness or stomach pain may I add, I also have upper back pain, somwtimes i feel like there is sonething stuck in my thoeat too and the past couple of days I have been itchy not itchy enough to stop me falling asleep but still very annoying and literally all over my body! I also find myself burping a lot not sure if that means anything

Since no one can diagnose my chest everytime something is wrong with me I do worry a lot and stress myself out massively that it starts to become a hindrance where I'm no longer smiling and laughing with my boy, hope someone can help!??! Thanks

1 like, 19 replies

Report / Delete

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jake

Although I do not want to say it but your symptons are very simillar to mine.  Chronic abdominal pain, nausea, back pain, dizziness, burphing and belching almost all the time, stomach cramps and so on..  I too was very worried about pancreatic cancer and even highlighted this to the doc.  I have had CT, Ultrasound and they took a good look the pancreas and all clear.  Your age make it highlighy unlikley and there a lots of symptons that you have not raised.  I would not get worried and blood test would flag a cancer

The pain and burping is so simillar i have a tight waist band effect around my wasit like someone has attached an elastic band to me..... I have not been told yet but I expect some form of infection.....

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi everyone

Bit of a update I came to a and e this morning with really painful stomach pain doctor said I was ever so slightly jaundiced had blood tests and they have come back all clear, liver is OK, pancreas is OK enzyme levels were all OK, slightly low white blood cell count but he explained could be stress related cause I have been panicking all day and hyperventilating, ultrasound tomorrow but doctors are extremely confident every is a ok!

So fingers crossed I can go home tomorrow and enjoy my little boy and smile again, I'm under no illusion the stress and panic I have put myself under hasn't helped at all and probably developed symptoms in my head, anxiety about your health is easily one of the worse things in life I have experienced so I'm going to find a way to offer my support to people who suffer from it it has easily been the most awful thing I have been through

Thank you every for the messages x x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi jake22268

I sm pleased you went A & E because it has put your mind at rest and helped with your stress levels.

That is a wonderful gesture to want to help others who suffer with health related anxiety. You are a good candidate for that because you have experienced it first hand. I wish you well in your pursuit in helping others with their anxiety issues.

Keep us posted re your ultrasound....and heaps of hugs for you and your little boy....big smiles now!!!....😆😃👌xx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up