26 year old female - Depression

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Every day when I wake up, I have a feeling of dread for the day ahead.

i suffer with anxiety and depression, and more recently insomnia which is quite literally sucking the life out of me.

I have been seeing a therapist every couple of weeks, which does help to a degree, but I feel so alone with my mental illness, although in a 4 year stable relationship.

I honestly don't know what to do anymore, waking up every day and pretending i'm okay when i'm not.

I cry all the time and feel helpless in front of

my partner, who I have been keeping awake during my insomnia.

I just need advice and someone to talk to.

Thank you

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

You have someone to talk to your partner. Some times we think that how could i tell them this or that, but if you love someone and they feel the same to you, you can slowly tell them how it all started, and you get a cuddle while talking

I'm afraid we don't get cuddles from therapists.

Crying is part of the recovery process, we must cry to get the pain and tension out, you will after time know when to stop crying because you will have realized you have let it go.

Let it out.

John

• Posted

Have to accept the fact what have happen (me being scammed) coz by accepting instead of thinking why happen to me? Why make such stupid and grave mistake? It will never help end up will worsen our condition. Accept it, apologize to the person if we have done it and have hurt him/her. Let love one know how you feel, let them know you need their help, care & concern.

• Posted

Ah Kay I feel for u I really do.ive had Anxiety and depression very recently and its the most horrible feeling.I was already on a low dose of prozac and my GP increased the dose which took over 3 weeks to work.im not saying u need medication,its what works for the individual.u need to see your GP for some extra help as u dont seem to be in a good place at all.sometimes a low dose of something can get u over what is an awful time then when u are back on track u can be weaned off them.medication isnt the answer for some people so your GP may suggest other ways to alleviate your symptoms.good luck pet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.