2months on flu need advise

Posted , 3 users are following.

So be been on flu for 2month @40mg. I just feel a slight difference in mood but still have racing thoughts and anxiety. Should I continue on it or switch med

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Continue on the meds.  Took me 3-4 months on Citalopram to start feeling better.  If you change you'll have to withdraw slowly, restart another which will take weeks and you'll have withdrawal effects and side effects of starting a new one.  Took my son a good 5-6 months on flu to feel better.

Think you need to give it a lot longer.

K x

• Posted

You'll know :-)

Some people start noticing an hour here or there when they feel good, or haven't thought of 'it'.  You'll feel slightly more at ease, the anxiety won't be as bad.  All this might be fleeting, or it'll happen maybe half a day or an hour.  This will gradually increase and you'll have days or even weeks feeling like this, but you will also have down times too where it feels like you're back at the start again.  This happens to most people, but it'll go away again until that good feeling stays most of the time.

Can take months, though some people feel this much sooner.

• Posted

Sometimes it happens so gradual you hardly realise you're getting better.
    • Posted

Thank you for your incite. This is very reassuring to me, because this is where I am right now. Yesterday I felt like I had turned a corner, but today I am feeling like I lost some ground. Each good spell seems better, though, and each relapse doesn't seem quite as bad. Thank you so much for your feedback.

• Posted

Hi Karen

Glad to hear you're making progress.  It's a strange business recovering on these meds isn't it - our hopes are built up when we have a good spell, and the next instant it comes crashing down again when we feel bad and we are quick to forget that good spell too.  I don't know why we have this yoyo effect, but it seems most people do.

Sounds like you're well on your way to recovering 

• Posted

Oops pressed REPLY before I'd finished......

only wanted to to add that I hope the relapses soon become a thing of the past, and sounds to me like they will soon. confused

• Posted

Thank you so much for your incites. I know you are helping a lot of people.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.