2nd herpes OB

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all !

I am 19 years old and found out I had herpes back in august of 2016. I'm currently going through my second OB. My current OB is no where near as painful and irritating as the first, but of course it is still very annoying. For my first OB I was prescribed valtrex, but I suspected it did nothing considering I took it after the outbreak was already in progress. I am pretty sure I caught it from my boyfriend of 1 year, he's been tested and it came back negative but honestly it's a waiting game until he has a OB. We haven't went into detail about it, I guess that's a conversation yet to come. Anyways, I am rambling. I just wanted to know if you guys have any home remedies? I'm in the blister phase waiting for them to scab up. Any remedies to "speed up" the process and take away the irritability ? I still get down sometimes thinking I may have to deal with this for the rest of my life.

OH ANOTHER QUESTION.

any women on depo have any experiences with more outbreaks being on the shot? I read it can cause outbreaks I've also been on depo for a year. Wondering if any of you suggest I get off the shot??

Thankyou and sorry if I've got a lot going on in this topic lol. Just need as much knowledge as possible from people that actually deal with this first hand.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you have genital HSV1 or 2? Just curious. Either way, try acyclovir cream. It helps speed up healing. You can also try soaking in a shallow tub/basin of epsom salts. That helps with relief and drying.
  • Posted

Where did you find that the Depo shot brings about outbreaks? Just curious because i contracted HSV-2 in 2010, started the Depo shot in 2015, and had my "first outbreak" in September of 2016.

Would love to put the two together, so thanks for giving me a lead . . .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.