2nd knee replacement Dec 21st

Posted , 4 users are following.

1 year and 5 months since my first knee replacement, long time healing. Ups and downs. Still swells abit but so much better then before surgery 

This Thursday having my second one done. Overwhelmed as I know what is involved now. Also what to do and not to do!

very nervous but hoping I will breeze through the 2nd one!

Anyone have there 2nd one and was it better then the first?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes my second one done 2 weeks ago first one January this year expectant pain and swelling helped Knowing what was lies ahead so all I can say to you is 😚 and good luck. My legs looks horrendous so shall be wearing trousers.😚😚😚

• Posted

2 knees done 3 months apart, two different experiences. Only thing I learned is I should have waited longer between. Good luck and try not to compare the two.
  • Posted

Just had my 2nd one, for me 2nd was much better and easier as I was fully prepared this time with full knowledge so be positive and try not to worry, approach the op with confidence and stay as calm as you can. 10 days post op and 2 years following my first was the best decision for me. Now looking forward to a pain free future.

Good luck to you and Merry Christmas.

• Posted

People have discussed this a lot on the Forum.  Very few had a similar experience to #1.  The huge majority had either a better or worse experience...no way of telling in advance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.