2nd partial knee replacement (right leg)

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am back on the forum nearly a year since my first left knee partial replacement, I had my right one done last Friday so are in the early stages of recovery.

Not feeling too bad at the moment night time being the worst with the leg in one place and when the pain killers wear off .As it is difficult to get any sleep.

A certain feeling of deja vu but it will be worth it in the end

Regards Rob

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

WOW, I give you a lot of credit having a second TKR. I had my left knee done 6\2\15. The first 2 weeks were horrible but then things got better. I am back to doing everything I did before the replacement and am thankful for that. I do not think I would ever do it again though, haha Thankfully, my right knee is fine. Keep a positive attitude, be thankful and stay happy. Good luck to you
  • Posted

Can you not take a top up like a liquid equivalent of your day meds.  Don't forget, during the day you take meds every 4 hours.  How many hours are you in bed; next morning is going to be a killer.  Good luck and keep your spirits raised
    • Posted

I am managing to space the medication every 5 hrs which helps with the night time . last night was better so hopefully that is a good sign of getting past the worst.

Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

Sounds like you're doing well Robert I had my second PKR done 7 weeks ago and it's only now feeling good. I can't climb stairs very well but apart from that I can do most things. Still painful especially at night and quite stiff like a tight band around my knee but even that is improving each week. Keep going, you know it will be great in the End!
    • Posted

Thanks for the encouragement the first week after the op is the worst and certainly brings back memories of the first one a year ago.

Hope to start the stationery exercise bike in a couple of weeks as that helped no end.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.