2nd Replacement

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well pre op done and off to my lkr on the 25th, five months after my right. Got them to check my right to see what I have achieved -120/0, they were very pleased  and straight leg and adequate bend, I see some people on the site strive for more 130/135, comments please???? Should one keep going?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Wow! Next one! Best wishes for it. I would just let the one already done be...then when number two is done and has caught up they can work together. Appears that bend continues to increase but just at a slower pace, as far as I am aware.
    • Posted

Thank you Jenny , great minds think alike those were my thoughts.  Fear and trepidation kicking in but it's got to be done😩😩

• Posted

You have experience now...it is bound to help, as less of a shock...keep us posted! 😊🐥🐏🐦🐤🐣🐔🐹🐢🐇🐰 here are some cute animals to think about when you get worried!

• Posted

Hi Jackie. Good luck. Just a little advice. I had my second TKR within 3 months. My experience was that I was expecting far too much of myself following my second op. It is almost a psychological feeling that your second knee should be performing as well as your first. So in my case I got a little depressed as I thought I wasn't progressing quickly enough. 

• Posted

Hi Jan, can't deny I'm feeling anxious, just feel like I'm getting my life back on track and the thought of a repeat of the last few months is rather depressing, I hated being out of control and reliant , but I'm determined to put my best foot forward and take it a day at a time and think of a positive straight forward outcome, I'll be running this time next year😀😀😀

• Posted

Hi Jackie. I like your positive attitude. My first TKR was January, my second April. I can now, swim, cycle and walk. My knees are not perfect yet.  You lose the stability slightly after your second and I know I still have another 6 months to fully recover. But what's that in the larger picture. Good luck with the running. I hope to be chasing a football with my grandsons soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.