2nd tkr scheduled

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello everyone 

I scheduled my 2nd tkr for left knee for March 26 2918. I am 5 months post op from right one. I said I’d never do it again but here I am getting ready. I’m hoping I will be more prepared for this one. I am a bit depressed and a lot scared but I can hardly walk from the left knee pain. They said I can use my cane and it won’t hurt my new knee so that is what I am doing. Thank you for your help the last few months(you know who you are) Here I go again

A wonderful Holiday to you all

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I knew going into right knee that left wasn't far behind. Ended up 3 months apart. Hindsight longer would have been better. I was  better prepared second time around. But was surprised on how different each knee was. So take what you learned the first time around and don't be surprised that the second is different. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Kathy

Was it different bad or different good. This first one I felt was horrible. I am 70 and am only now feeling better after 5 months at least I was until the other one started 

• Posted

I had more initial pain with the second but now at 3 months the second bends better and is less painful. So its really hard to say which was worse, they were each different. Less nerve pain and sensitivity with the second. Maybe polar opposites would be the way to say it. I what I should say is take what you know, apply it where helpful but don't expect them to be the same. Good luck

• Posted

Wow!

You will have two new knees!

Good about using the cane for now, have a Happy Christmas,

🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲?????????????

• Posted

I think I am going through the same thing. I had my tkr 12months ago and did not relish the idea that I would need another one

But alas my other knee has become painful and have just had an injection slightly eased the pain but the pressure it put my tkr is horrendous. Really really don't want another tkr . I thought is was so painful. But what will be will be xx

• Posted

Good luck , i am only 6 weeks post op on my first knee and wont do this again unless my leg is falling off in pain - have a great holiday and good luck 
    • Posted

Lol I said that but here on an both legsdone in 10 months 😢😢😢😢

• Posted

Hey Arlene.. I’m in week 6 post RTKR.  My L knee is starting to complain....I still have the dark pit of hell fresh in my mind!  I too will need to do a 2nd knee and just can’t imagine.   So good to hear you have “stepped up to the plate”.  Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Arlene, I also need my other knee done at some point. Whether it's with being off work just now with the first one, I don't know, but it's not too bad. I've told my surgeon I'll wait until I can't wait any longer. It might be a different story once I start back at work. Only time will tell. Good luck to you and Merry Christmas x

• Posted

Hi  my name is carol I had a TKR in June this year it has been great I'm having trouble with my left knee just like you so I have been to my GP and asked her to write to the surgeon who did my right one to have my left one done next year so fingers crossed next year I will be having mine done, good luck to you I hope it goes well.

carol01845.

• Posted

Hi don't worry I also said never again but here I am 3 weeks post op on my second leg TKR. I had my other leg done in January. The second time around defo prepares you. I have recovered so much quicker this time. Cos I know what's needed to get better. THIS time I know not to push myself too hard. As this creates problems. I also now know 2 operations are the same so I'm not comparing. Best wishes hope you have a successful operation xx

• Posted

Hi Arlene!

Just keep thinking about how great it will be to have TWO GOOD KNEES! My two NEW KNEES are the two best presents I ever got for myself! I have arthritic pain elsewhere in my body, but my KNEES are GREAT!

Think positive thoughts! It really helps!

Sending prayers of calm and strength and courage to you today!♥️

• Posted

I am right with you Arlene!  I had my right TKR end of June and have my left scheduled for March!  We can get through this together !!
    • Posted

Thanks for replying 🙏🏻For both of us. Hoping all on this forum has the gift of a pain free holiday ??

• Posted

Everybody on this forum was so wonderful... Wishing you and everyone else on here a Merry Christmas and Happy holiday !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.