3 1/2 weeks post op

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all!

I'm 3 1/2 weeks post op and I'm still get very bloated and gassy after meals, it does not happen all the time but most of the time, still have abdominal cramps , it feels like I'm going to have diarrhea ( my main problem/ symptom before surgery) but I don't , this morning all I eat was oatmeal and 15 minutes later it starts 😩, does it get better? Please tell me it does lol

it's not fun !!! I'm eating a completely low fat diet, gluten free and lactose free  , super clean diet, is there anything else that I can do? 

Thank you!!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I guess it is just time that's needed for everything inside tonaettle down properly. I am just a few days on from you post surgery - it will be four weeks on Friday. I generally still have some bloating. I went out to a barbecue last night. I had one sausage and one burger and I bloated up so badly and was in so much discomfort that I had to leave early and come home for painkillers and bed. No more barbecue food for me! I think for both of us it is probably still early days as far as full recovery goes. On the whole I feel I am doing really well though and am so glad I had surgery. My top incision still feels a bit sore, and there feels like one little sharp bit sticking out, and I wish the scan in my belly button incision would just come off now as that's really sharp and digs in when I move! 

Hope you start improving soon x 

• Posted

Hi Lynne!

I really hope this is happening bc it's still early days , yesterday I had cramps and diarrhea again( it also happened on week one) , and I did not eat anything fat or different than my low fat diet , my top incision always bothered me, it's still a little sore and my belly bottom incision still have the surgical tape, I really hope things get better soon for both of us🙏

• Posted

Hi .. how are you doing after surgery?

My hida scan showed 0% ejection fraction in 2011, but still haven't removed my gall bladder as i also have gastritis. I had diarrhea  for 6 months and then finally bile agent tablet helped with fixing diarrhea, however i still have bloating and burping issues. Not removed my gall bladder yet, but i have gone through worst scenarios like dizziness,light headness, bloating. I'm leaning towards removing my gall bladder , but like to hear how well folks do after surgery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.