3.5 weeks post anterior/posterior repair. New pain!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone - thank goodness for this forum. I'm feeling very isolated (I'm living in Vietnam for my hubby's job) and it's great having you all here for support an advice.

I seem to be the mad one who has gone back to work too soon. I'm doing half-days and feel I can cope well. I'm a teacher, but am making my kids do all the work so spend most of my time sitting. It feels ok. Having said that, yesterday I had a very bizarre new symptom: after going for a poo I had the most excruciating pain - sort of like cramping/spasming in my lower/inner buttocks. Has anyone else had this? I then had it again spontaneously last night. I also still have a bulging feeling (like before the op) in my vagina, although it's not painful, just slightly uncomfortable. I've read somewhere that something happens around the 3-week mark. And what should I be expecting between now and the 6-week check-up? I'm also still having to self-cath twice a day... seems to be 2-steps forward/1-step back at the moment.

Another question... at this stage, how many pelvic floor exercises should I by trying to do? I have the NHS Squeezy app which is helping me to remember to do them. At the moment I'm trying 3 sets of 8 long/10 short squeezes a day. I won't be seeing the physio until my 6-week check up.

Thanks so much for any advice/support you can give me!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I cant believe you are actually working! You must be exhausted. I only feel now at five months post op that I could start back working and certainly get very tired. My bladder and bowel were far too unpredictable to barely leave the house for weeks. I hope for your sake that you are not overdoing things and hope you continue to recover well. Good Luck and by the way your job sounds interesting and in such an amazing place. One of the other mothers at school was living out there teaching English before coming back to Harrogate and it sounds fascinating
  • Posted

Hi scortes

Glad your taking it easy at work, continued resting is a must 👍. Have experienced on occasion the pain in my buttocks usually before needing a poo literally just before going, settles down after about 30 minutes or so, also have the same feeling intermittently vaginally but not all the time, describe as just feeling like something is there! I'm thinking it's nerve endings and swelling returning to normal. Just out of interest did you have sacrospinous colpopexy? This is supposed to be really painful as they attach extra stitches through your sacrum which can cause buttock pain whilst healing? Had this but I've been lucky not too much pain to speak of. Wishing you continued speedy recovery 😻X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.