3 Different Tears, Surgery was 4 days ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey All, 

I just had surgery very recently and haven't met with a physiotherapist yet, what exercises do ya'll recommend. I'm still laying in bed being useless, really just moving my toes, giving slight activation in my calf. It's been tough I'm 21 and it was my first surgery but I'm excited and hopeful to come back stronger smile

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I started my physio the day after my operation , was out of bed and walking with crutches . Do the exercises recommended by your physiotherapist , and do them as often as possible without over doing it . 
  • Posted

I'm surprised you weren't given a set of exercises before you left the hospital. Do you have a walker or crutches?  If your p.t. schedule wasn't set up before you left the hospital you should call your ortho's office to get a referral so you can start moving. Good luck! With your positive attitude you'll do great.

• Posted

Hi I think if I was you I would be getting in touch with the staff at the hospital, lying in bed is really not good after an op, especially one that involves replacing body parts as you are more prone to thrombosis and need to be up and about, even if on a walker or clutches.

Have you got someone looking after you who can ring for you.

• Posted

Just realised you have had atheroscope to repair damage, you still need to contact and ask for guidance
  • Posted

What was your surgery. Assuming at age 21 they didn't do a tkr. Different excercices for different surgeries. If it was meniscus or ACL don't do anything till you are told.

• Posted

I think you need to start being up and about but I am not medically trained and don't know what surgery you have had. Surely you have been given some advice?

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.