3 month course of Esmya completed

Posted , 4 users are following.

just taken my last tablet of a three month course. Going back to see my Gynaecologist this week. Been fine apart from headache and nausea and tiredness some days. I have a 2 month 'break' now and was wondering what to expect? How long before first period and will it be as heavy as before? Would like to know what other people have experienced? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, sorry you had problems with side effects. I think it varies. You will probably get some idea here what other ladies experienced, but for example, I did 2 x 3 months of esmya with a 1 month gap but I still had my period the whole time. I hope that your situation resolved in a way that you are pleased with. Fingers crossed. Take care.
  • Posted

Hi there, I completed 3 months of Esmya with a two month gap and am now nearly finishing another 3 months.  No period whilst on the tablet. During the gap my first period came after about 28 days of finishing. It was lighter than usual, I put this down to still having the tablets in your system maybe. The second one was a bit heavier and then I started taking them again. I dont think the one course is long enough in some cases to reduce them sufficiently to allieviate symptoms. I have seen improvement after taking them for a second course of 3 months. It was worth it, although when first started them again I got the headaches in the first week but that wore off. I think best to take them at night before bed due to the tiredness effects they can cause. I get a bit hot as well maybe slight hot flush effects but still worth it as it is all quite minimal compared to the benefits of reducing the fibroid symptoms ( if you are lucky enough and they work for you).                  Good luck 
    • Posted

Thanks For your reply andsharing your experiences. I still feel like the tablets are in my system, feel very bloated! Saw my gynae last week and he has prescribed another 3 month course after my break then back for scans to see if the Esmya have worked?!

At 51 really dont want to have hysterectomy!

Take care and thanks again x

• Posted

Hi. I have had 4 cycles of esyma. I find I

usually bleed about 6 weeks after taking

last tablet.

Everyone is different, but my periods are a

lot heavier and last a lot longer. But I

believe that's because my fibroids haven't

shrunk at all.

But reading what a lot of people have posted on here, esyma seems to make periods

lighter for the majority of people

Headaches and nausea seem to be a fairly

common side effect. Maybe would be a good idea to check to see if you're anaemic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.