3 weeks

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

Please if anyone has been through what I have,please give me advice.

Had front and back repair done gyno said biggest lift his done. I could not use my bladder for 18 days,when they took catheter out I would be intense pain.they thought they stitched my bladder another operation found they didn't , them Found I had a bad bacteria from the operation had 4 days antibiotics had to stop as I was so ill.

I can use my bladder a little bit still burning pain and then got extreme thrush due to high dose of antibiotics. Feels like I have 1000 pins inside of me and bowel area and I feel energy level so down. I go for urine test again this week to see if bacteria has died off but I get chills and nausea and pain urinating the very little I actually do. I feel something isn't right and very worried please anyone have any advice. Thanks for listening

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Im sorry I don't have advice but happy to listen and you have my sincerest best wishes.
  • Posted

I can't advise but sorry you are going through such trauma.  Have you had a check up from your GP or the hospital?

• Posted

I am in few days I've been in and out of hospital 7 times in 2 weeks I feel ill looking at the place
  • Posted

Hello debra I know we've had a few conversations about what you've been through and I can't believe the saga continues. The only advice I can give until you get your results is keep drinking clear fluids, as much as you can and rest with your feet up and do as little as possible because pushing yourself won't help your energy levels. It's really going back to square one in relation to rest.
    • Posted

Thankyou for advice

It has been hard and due to strong medication I lost so much weight as food went straight through me and feels as though I've damaged my bowel again

Hoping there is a answer to this madness. Passing urine is a challenge as not much comes out and I fear it will effect my medullary sponge kidneys.

Again Thankyou for your advice and kind words

• Posted

Hi Debra, I have a simlur exsperiance not as sever but here we go and any questions ask

had the A&P operation on the 19 April cameround to the crash team round me and having been injected hot air bag put on me I settled slept most of that day.

day two cathiter out couldn't wee within 5 hours screaming in pain the did an in out cathiter left me for two hours surgeon came to see me said we will put a cathiter in for 24 hours if you carnet wee after that we will send you home with a cathiter, I was really scared that I was going to end up with a bag forever.

day three they took the cathiter out and I was weeing small amounts with not a lot of control and however I started weeing a little more they came to me at 8pm and said we are going to put a cathiter back in and send you home, I flat key refused and asked the doctor to wOrk with me till the next day the doc agreed reluctantly, the next morning they still kept talking about a cathiter and a change over of staff brought a very experienced staff nurse who told me to carm down stop overthinking everything I went home with out the cathiter still not in great control of the weeing for over two week but I am now 5 weeks post op Tuesday and things are a lot better.

i to got a yeast infection and there as been points were I have felt so ill and wondered when it would all start to heal.

there are so many feelings emotinoly and phisicly you go through with this operation and no one can preper you for it.

Matron and Phylis have been exceptional with my recovery and all the lovely lady's will share exsperiance and try to support you chic

on a posative I have felt much better over the last four days and Evan been for a coffee at my friends today X 

i hope this helps 💓

• Posted

You poor thing you went through a lot to and nice to hear it's getting better.

I Thankyou for your kind words and gives me hope it will get better I fear I have damaged bowel again but see doc in few days and see what they say. Feel like burning and knives been cut in me.

So glad you on the mend

• Posted

Oh dear, I'm very sad for you. Cyberhugs. Why on earth did they not put 3 days of IV antibiotics into you, especially as you've been back into hospital so many times now. If you aren't tolerating large oral doses. When I had badly infected big toe couple of years ago I went to a private health clinic each evening at 6pm and they put in the IV line and the small bag containing antibiotics, and once that dripped in, then needle removed and I went home. I'm pretty sure I had that for 3 nights. I guess the first thing they did was a urine sample to the lab, before operating again? Your prolapses must have been real bad ones before repairs? Are you on bowel moving medication, hence your food shooting through you? Get better soon, and REAL SOON hopefully. Ugh
    • Posted

Hi again

Results come back from urine test bacteria has grown more

On new antibiotics there making me go into another world and spinning a lot

Urologist has said possibility of bladder been pulled to tight and causing bacteria to thrive in bladder to make me so Ill

I feel like this is never going to end and the problem is every time I use my bowels I bleed now

I feel very depressed

Sorry for the venting

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.