3 weeks in

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I hope you can help me. I am new to this but would like some advice.

I have been taking 20 mg for three weeks now and was really starting to feel alot better ( I was given them for panic attacks following a recent illness ) but the last couple of days the anxiety ,restlessness and shaky feeling seems to be coming back and I wake up in a terrible state. I do not understand when I felt so good how this can happen. Is it still the tablets getting into my system?

Also for the past couple od days I have had constant music going through my head. It is driving me mad which dosen't help the situation as I seem unable to relax at all and so am very uptight all the time.

I am going away in 12 days time and am really looking forward to it .

Can anyone offer me some advice as to why I have good days and then started like this again and also about the music in my head.

I really look forward to hearing from someone out as there are some really positive folks on here

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carrie and a very warm welcome :D

Yes, yes and yes :shock:

I too had the music thing and ermmm would post the words of songs on here :oops:

I also started to fele better before dipping again and feeling worse than when I first went to see the doctor. I can't say if it it the tablets reacting or not - they can't be okay for everybody or else they wouldnt have other tablets on the market.

Just keep posting of your experiences here - it really does help - everyone here is very supportive and although not everyone will experience every side effect as yourslef, many will have or are doing so.

Good luck and take it easy on yourself.

love 'n' hugs

melbi xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi carrie,i was put on these tablets for anxiety and panic attacks.I was the same,felt great then really awfull.Ive been on them since march now.I do find they help,ive not had a panic attack since starting them.I have more good days then bad,i hate the bad days as sometimes im so anxious and cant sleep,and just cry!but stick with them they do take time.im not 100%,but hopefully will one day be me again. :wink: Good luck.Keep posting.kim.x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Melbi and Kim,

Thank you for your replies... I am very grateful for your advice.

Melbi can you tell me was there anything you could do to stop the music thing and how long did it last for. This is now my third day.

look forward to hearing from you

Carrie

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi again Carrie

I really can't remember how long it lasted :oops:

In the end I used to spend hours searching out songs on u tube then play the same song over and over and over again until I broke down in tears for whatever reason.

2 weeks at the most?

Sorry I can't be more imformative but if you look back on the citalopram threads I did spend a lot of my time here posting all my inner feelings, thoughts and fears. It helped me - why not give it a go too. :D

If you don't feel you can post like that then try sending your most inner fears and feelings to yourself via email, sometimes you will read them back to yourself, other times you will delete them unread. The main thing is that in some way you manage to get it out of your head and into the open. A bit like councilling only you dont have to sit facing another human being in the eye! :shock:

Good luck

love 'n' hugs

Melbi xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Melbi,

Thanks for your advice. I spoke to my doctor who is also a very good friend of mine and she said the music thing will go before long.Everyone tells me to stop thinking about it and just relax and it will go but that is easier said than done. However I am going away tomorrow for the weekend and will be busy so my mind will be distracted so hopefully it will go. Will keep you posted. My problem is I haven't got enough to occupy my mind at the moment as I don't work and have had some bad health problems which has brought this anxiety on so therefore I sit and obsess about everything.I try and keep busy to take my mind of everything and this is so out of character as I am normally such a happy go lucky person.

Next week I fly to New York for 5 weeks so I will be very occupied and will not have time to be thinking about my health and even though I am a lot,lot better than I was a month ago I am sure I will improve greatly when I am out and about.

I have also bought some relaxation cd's which I have to say have helped even though I have only used them a few times and I wake up much carmer and am pleased to say at the moment am feeling a bit better.

Will post again and thanks for your help.

Keep smiling

Carrie x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up