3 weeks in at 20 MG celexa/citalopram now.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Any feedback on when side effects start to diminish? Stated at 10 mg for a week now at 20 MG for 2 weeks. Feels like one long weird hang over with morning anxiety thrown in daily. Exhausting!,

Thx in advance for any words of experience and support!

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

O how only been on the 20 mg since Friday time will tell last time when on the 10 it took four days then I went all funny dizziness and body was like cold flowing through me 
  • Posted

Talking about that I had a funny moment there felt a bit wobbly in the legs and kind of panicked 
    • Posted

Hi Martin, I had a not so funny incident last night. Was standing talking to my hubby felt dizzy told him I think I am going to pass out and sure as hell I fainted out cold. I was only out about 30 seconds or so but very scary for both of us. I attribute to basically laying around all day and not eating a whole lot. My BP and heart rate were super low but gradually came up. I will talk with my doc this week to see what she thinks. I feel okay today. Weird though. Try not to panic when you feel odd it will pass. The days ahead will get better and better for you.

Shane

• Posted

Blimey Shane glad you are ok today its funny how it just creeps up on you I try my best to breath but sometimes I just get all anxious anyway I'll try and get some sleep and look after yourself x

• Posted

You too. Wishing you better days ahead. Every day we get thru is a day closer to feeling great. We will get There!

X0 Shane

• Posted

Hi Shane how are you doing.  Oh as for me all ok did have a episode where i thought my blood was running cold have you ever had a sensation like this ? 
  • Posted

Saying that Shane just had an episode there I was just sitting on the couch the started feeling dizzy and this cold feeling running through body I could feel my heart beating faster and though I was going to collapse and this feeling I wasn't getting air . Me being me I phoned the nhs helpline and was told to go to A and E 

• Posted

Wow Martin that is scary! Did you go to A&E? What did they Say? I have never had that cold sensation but certainly had every other bloody side effect and then some. Every morning I wake up to this flood of adrenalin that kicks off my morning anxiety. Feels like hell. Cannot wait until I get past this side effect.

Hope today is better for you. How many weeks are you now?

• Posted

Never went up to the hospital just sat there until it passed was up a few months back with the same symptoms and a Dr said it was cos of these tablets only been on the 29mg since 13th April. Hope you are feeling ok today x
    • Posted

Shane has your anxiety subsided at all since you posted this thread?
    • Posted

Hi, no not at all. Every morning is the same. Once I am up and about it slowly starts to recede. I am usually okay by about 1ish pm. It is awful, it feels like an internal vibration combined with fear. So weird and exhausting. I have read thru most of the relevant posts on this forum and seems that this is the side effect that lasts the longest. Annoying thing is that the pharmaceutical company information barely mention this as a side effect yet it is a significant one that most experience.

How are you Today? Are you starting to adjust to the 20 mg okay?

• Posted

Not really. My morning anxiety is awful and lasts all morning.

Although i took one of my 10mg tablets at 6pm yesterday which seems to have eased my morning anxiety ever so slightly today...but it could be coincidence. It might not last. (Its 7.20am ive only been up and hour and a bit)

Im going to try and not take a citalopram tablet until lunchtime / 1pm and see if i get the lack of concentration thing this morning.

Im losing my faith tbh.

• Posted

At night. About 7 pm. They make me tired and I fall asleep pretty easily. Having a weird day today though. Lots of random head pain and just not feeling right. Lots of ear ringing kind of nervous for no reason.Hopefully it disappears Soon!

Try not to loose faith. I know it is tough I've been annoyed all day that I feel so bad today. So random. We just need to believe that better days are ahead. This is just temporary.

Shane

• Posted

Hi Shane thanks for the message hope you are doing ok . I think I'm doing ok had a phew problems with a speeding heart and a nervous feeling in me but still here to tell the tale. Keep well shane x

• Posted

Talking of tablets my Dr told me to take them in the morning along with my other tablet for high blood pressure
    • Posted

Funny thing about doctors they all have different opinions. Mine suggested the BP in the morning and Citra in the evening. Hoping for a good day for us both tomorrow! Shane
    • Posted

Hello Shane how are you keeping hope you are doing ok . I'm ok thanks some days I feel like skipping around lol some days I feel like staying indoors all day have been doing a bit of walking and watching nature seems to help a bit. Look after yourself x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.