3 weeks on 50mg Sertraline Now on 10mg Citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

was on 50mg sertrlaine but no signs of real bad side effects going so dr changed me to 10mg Citalopram anyone done this switch and found it helped?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i have and i still feel like crap ! not sure if i need a dose increase or what been on 10s for 8 weeks now !

just dont get how i cant feel better on my own x

• Posted

did you swap from sertraline?

i got the urge to give up

hope you feel better soon

• Posted

can i ask what side effects you still have

• Posted

Hey there, your story is very similar to mine. I saw my doctor in November 2017 as I was suffering with anxiety and depression. He prescribed me with 50mg of Sertraline. Just like you, the side effects were horrible. I vowed never to take an antidepressant again. Christmas came and went, and I felt no better. I went back to the doctor in February 2018 and he prescribed me with 10mg of citalopram. He told me that I must be sensitive to SSRIS. I've been on them 13 months now and feeling great. The side effects at the start were nowhere near as bad as sertraline, but I did have some. I didn’t sleep that well for a couple of weeks although I was always very sleepy, felt jittery and shaky sometimes, and my anxiety got worse which unfortunately made me more depressed. The worst of the side effects were gone after 2 to 3 weeks, and I found my mood lifting, but it was 12 weeks before i can really say that i felt much better. Stick with them if you can. It's worth it. I found these chat forums helped alot. They made me realise that there are people out there who were feeling as bad as me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.