3 weeks on fluxetine felt better now worse. Can anybody give me advice

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there wondering if anyone can help i have been taking fluoxetine 20 mg for 3 weeks due to my dr telling me I have anxiety and depression

It seemed to work the first couple of weeks I wasn't going on and on all the time now 3 weeks in I have got so much worse  can this happen and will It get better ? Or should I stop fluoxetine my mood is terrible and feel awful?

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

For me it was worse until better but took along time. Doctors always wanted to up the dose.

Currently going through a tapering off 3-5% every 2-4+ weeks.

• Posted

For me it was the same. I got much worse before I got better. It got much better for me around week eight. I was a mess before I went on it - couldn't sleep etc, even with sleeping meds. Hang in there... 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply ! I'm new to this, I've honestly never felt worse kinda like I'm loosing it, feel so so low and dizzy with ringing in ears loads of weird symptoms, I can still get some sleep I'd be to scared to up the dose when feeling like this but I will carry on with the 20mg and see what happens. Thanks for reply means a lot 

• Posted

Hi rye1 

The flux takes a while to work, everyone’s different, I stated taking it in April I suffered some side effects but others had it worse sad unfortunately, due to my inpatience to wanting to get better I stopped in Aug, during my time taking flux it definitely helped me, i am going back on tomorrow as I’m not there yet, and have to accept what is happening to me, I will coming on here daily to  share my experience with you guys, this site was a life saver for me,  let’s stick together not one really understands unless they  are going through it them self’s, stay strong everyone ❤️

• Posted

Hi angie  it's so weird why I feel this bad after it helping me near enough straight away for 2 weeks, I'm goina stick with it though ...good luck starting the tabs again hope you feel better soon 

• Posted

Hi Rye, 

Yes it is funny, this also happened to me,  if you see my post on here I was exhilarated 🙈 I’ve had a few of these times throughout my recovery, one lasting 3 weeks totally normal, then 🤔 back again! Apparently this is normal throughout recovery, and called blips, very scary, because u see your old self again, then wham ur back in 😥

Hence why I’m going to try again, but m no where as near to how bad I was before, but cannot ignore the feelings I’m having, I do believe the flux blocks the serotonin in your brain, this makes you feel worse bringing on the side effects, making you more depressed, anxious etc, your neotransmiters are working over time sending signals to stock up the serotonin, they give up eventually, but not without a fight 👊🏽👊🏽 once they give up, the recovery starts 👍🏽 

Katiecoggs ( look her up) on here has been a great help and advisor to many, she went through this process as did her son, both have fully recovered, Katie has stayed around to help and support others.... I will be updating each day on here, if I can support or help anyone please contact me, keeping in mind....🙈🙈🙈 not sure what to expect, but gotta do something ??

• Posted

Oh sorry forgot something, which I’m going going to take along side the flux, Valerian this is a natural mood stabiliser helps to calm you down, very good, it helped me, you can purchase I think from Holland and Barrett or if you inbox me, I have a lovely herbalist who I can refer you to, as these are 100 per cent natural...
  • Posted

Morning All, well I took my first tablet this morning, I’m prepared I think for this fight 👊🏽 

My family were very supportive last time, I won’t be telling them this time, my children see me as untouchable/ strong/dependable 😥 so guess it’s just me and you guys 🙏🏽??

How’s everyone today? 

• Posted

Well day one went fairly well, I’ve prepared myself for the next couple of weeks food extra, feeling a little like a squirrel lol 

Anyway take care all, keep strong 💪 

• Posted

Hi angie sorry that's me just getting back to you ! Feeling abit better I suppose but still have really weird symptoms like ringing in ears and feeling really tired ! I really don't want to be on these tablets forever so I'm goina give it another month then maybe stop, glad your first day on the tabs went well fingers crossed it stays that way 🤞🏻Hope everyone is doing ok 💪🏻X

• Posted

Hi ? I've recently started taking flux aswell, on week 5 now. The first few wks were great for me but last week and this week have been awful! I really hope it gets better. I was on it before I don't remember feeling this bad on them the last time. Hope your doing okay x

• Posted

hi dee, I know it's weird I'm goina stick with the tabs though  hopfully it gets better in time! how long where you on them before ? I just don't want to be on these tablets forever but feel like I'm never goina feel good enough to ever come off them x

• Posted

Hi. I've just started week four of fluoxetine... Week 3 was amazing. I was back, I was laughing, having fun then wham, not sleeping, anxiety is worse than its ever been. I'm really scared these tablets won't work... It's taken me 9 months to brave taking them. I've done everything I possibly can to avoid going on them but here I am. I don't know what to do.. Will it get better again.. I'm at a bit of a loss today.. I started suffering from anxiety out of the blue about a year ago. All a bit of a shock really. Just started therapy but any positive feedback and advice would be very welcome x

• Posted

I was on them for about 2/3 years then changed doctors cause I moved and he made me come off them. I'm not sure how long they took to kick in the last time but it feels like an eternity this time! And its always worse at night! 😔 def stick with them I am going to aswell cos when they start working you'll notice the difference. X

• Posted

Hope you feel better soon dee ! That's me on them a month now feeling slightly better but not 100% yet, feel really tired all the time, see when you came off them did you taper off ? And was there any withdrawal affects, I don't mind staying on them for another couple of months but I feel it will be harder to come off them the longer I'm on them I feel kind of stuck just now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.