3 weeks on sertaline and feeling very low

Posted , 5 users are following.

I started at 25mg and upped it to 50mg after the first week. Took 75mg 2 days(start of week 3) now and I'm not experiencing anxiety. Just very low mood and unhappy. Is this just part of the dose increase or the 4-6 weeks for the med. to take effect?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Be patient the condition can take quite a long time to clear and eventually, hopefully in upwards six to twelve months you will notice a big difference. Be positive in your outlook
    • Posted

12 months?  I've never heard that.  Did you mean 6 - 12 weeks, or probably 6 - 8 weeks would be more likely.

• Posted

Hi it will take at leat 4-6 weeks to get fully into your system, and that includes any increase.  I started off on 100mg but had to increase it to 150mgs.  I found the higher dose made the world of difference.  Be patient and have hope.  x

• Posted

Sometims it takes time but if it is is making a big difference you should tell your doctor. Everybody is different and we can advise you from our experiences but your doctor should be contacted about these concerns. It does take time but you don't want to get to low before talking to your doctor. I hope you feel better soon and post here anytime. We care about each other and this site is a wonderful thing to have. Let us know how you do and stay positive. God bless you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.