3 weeks post op Advice?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had surgery 9/6 bladder prolapse cystocele rectocele repair shortened my cervix and laparoscopy.... Now 10/5.I have been feeling better the last 5 days now I am feeling very sore and severe pain today my doctor released me back to work so this is the 3rd day back At work I'm a dispatcher so typing on computer and up and down all day passing out tickets at work today (9 hrs) I felt a heaviness in the lower region Also sharp and burning pains but the pain feel like inside my vagina only and the inside also feels very dry I tried feeling gently and I felt a bulge still and I know it's probably just swelling I can also feel tip of cervix felt rough and I'm not too sure as to what I should do to get some relieve. Any suggestions/advice I'm 24 I have not lifted anything

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Also I have been using ice packs for some relief and all the doctor prescribed me were stool softeners Percocet and demerol
  • Posted

Hi Brittany, I think it may be to early for you to return to work. Can you elevate your feet at least? I'm sure you still have a lot of swelling. Ice packs was a good idea. Is there anyway for you to delay returning to work? I had the same surgergy and felt good, no bad pain. I knew from this site, even though I felt good I still needed to rest with my feet elevated. I think your pains are signs you need to rest. Hope you can do that, you are very young, hope you feel better.smile

• Posted

Thanks I'll definitely make sure to keep my feet elevated I was worried about going back to work with still being swollen stitches not even fully healed I'm going to talk to my doctor hopefully get an time off extension or at least half days it's very scary and nerve wrecking worried that I won't heal correctly

• Posted

That's too bad your in pain. I'm 2 weeks post and can only sit for about an hour at a time before it's too painful. 9 hours is a long day! If you have to work and can't take more time off what about a special seat? Options... the donut ring, a travel neck pillow turned backwards, not sure where you live but I got special one called "seat solution" from bed bath and beyond (Canada).

• Posted

That's a great idea about the donut and going to look up that seat sol. I'm definitely going to talk to the doctor now about getting now time of out working half days..... My doctor didn't give me to much info on the healing time/process.... And now that I have so many questions he's out on vacation I went to one post op apt he's said it was looking okay still early and swelling..... did your doctor give you any special instructions for care ? Are you able to take baths out just showers? Sorry I just have a lot questions I been wanting to try laying in a bath thinking may help with my pain bit worried if it's too soon to bathe.... the pain became unbearable today

• Posted

Defintely to early for work I'm three mos post op and just started feeling better its a long recovery.and the pain n heaviness ur feeling is telling you to relax and get off ur feet.a few hrs a day is even to much.see if u can get more time off.take it easy. Its major surgery

• Posted

Yes definitely going to ask my doctor more about extending time off I was really early it was too soon he didn't give me to much instruction or info only restriction I was given was no lifting any thing over 20 pounds so I made sure I have not lifted anything I have a 3 year olds he weighs 40 pounds luckily I have family helping.....

Did you have moments when the pain just became unbearable if so what did you do to help?

If you don't mind asking how soon can you take a bath or is out better to just stick to showers I just been taking showers I want to do baths but worried about the stitches ?

• Posted

I had strick do not bath for 6 weeks. My discharge said nothing over 10lbs. On this forum there is a pinned folder that has resources there is a really helpful one about advice after a repair. When my pain gets bad I take Advil and that seems to help.
    • Posted

Thank you I'm new to this site but I will definitely look for it and read I have n read several other post on this site so far and starting to see that out is to soon for work based on other people and the symptoms I'm feeling are relatable it's pretty intense day today it's been hard and I been very emotional this sore is making me feel a bit relief though.... in going to call doctor office he's out on vacation but should have sine one else I can talk to.... this is my 2nd vaginal surgery in 3 years so I think it adds on extra

Emotions for me... Thank you for all the suggestions/help it helps put me at ease and knowing that I should not be working that long yet

• Posted

I'm nearly four weeks post op for rectocele repair, and I know I couldn't do a full days work yet . I struggled standing for an hour making soup yesterday, I had to take five minutes to rest .

• Posted

Yeah I'm 12 weeks just started feeling great last week, in the beginning I sat at the stove on a chair couldn't stand long, dragging feeling sych a long revovery wad never told about any of this got all my info on this site one thing helped me was when I felt to much I RESTED is the key to all This

• Posted

Good to know helps me knowing that it's not just me yes I went back into work today made it 4 hours of constant pain then broke down into tears calling my boss that I can't take it no more.... the pain had become constant and unbearable even with ice packs and pain pills have an apt today with a nurse prescribed since my doctor is out in vacation wish me luck ladies!!

Note after hearing from every one I think it was easy to soon for me to be released back to work especially with 9 good a day no breaks at all and passing out tickets so every 2-5 minutes been having to get up out of the chair it's just killing me I really hope these 3 days at work didn't just ruin my entire healing from surgery I am just miserable!!

• Posted

I wasn't Todd to much either doctor truly made it sound like it was a short recovery and told me before surgery I should be back to normal activities with no lifting by 2 weeks now released back to work my 3rd day and I am just done I am so swollen and constant pain and heaviness from being on my feet all day I come home just crying into my pillow have an apt today with the nurse I just can't do it any more pills notHing is helping.... surgery was 9/6 now 10/6 ....returned to work tuesday 10-hour day had help from a co worker the entire day Wednesday yesterday 9 hour day no help all on my own had pain entire day but I've was helping today lasted 4 hours at work of waking up and still feeling the pain to now 4 hours if working in straight tears constant pain and heaviness

• Posted

Aweee I'm thinking about you. Hopefully your apt with the nurse can provide you some reassurance! Take it easy and lay down as much as possible

• Posted

Thank you yes the nurse advised and wrote a note so I am of work and see my doctor on Monday after explaining my work schedule she said that's too long of a work day of constant moving says I need to talk to my doctor again.

• Posted

Ok good! I was thinking about you. Hopefully you can relax all weekend and get feeling good again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.