3 weeks post op Advice?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had surgery 9/6 bladder prolapse cystocele rectocele repair shortened my cervix and laparoscopy.... Now 10/5.I have been feeling better the last 5 days now I am feeling very sore and severe pain today my doctor released me back to work so this is the 3rd day back At work I'm a dispatcher so typing on computer and up and down all day passing out tickets at work today (9 hrs) I felt a heaviness in the lower region Also sharp and burning pains but the pain feel like inside my vagina only and the inside also feels very dry I tried feeling gently and I felt a bulge still and I know it's probably just swelling I can also feel tip of cervix felt rough and I'm not too sure as to what I should do to get some relieve. Any suggestions/advice I'm 24 I have not lifted anything

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh dear you poor girl. Definately way too soon to be back at work at all! What was your Dr. thinking!! Also when Matron was active on here she said donut cushions aren't good after this surgery & I can't think why she said that. You also shouldn't be trying to see or feel around in there at all. Firstly you risk introducing infection, secondly you have stitches that are far from healed & risk disrupting them holding where they should be. You've still got the 5wk mark to get through yet where the stitches tighten and cause more discomfort. Mostly on here it is stated over & over to not lift more than a kettle with enough water in it for a cuppa for first 6wks. As little bending as possible also. When was your post-op progress Dr. check scheduled for?

• Posted

Thank you for the advice yes I have.made site not to Left a thing Doctor said 20 pounds or less but I thought that's still a lot of weight for all the work he's Done..... had an apt today now that he is back in town and let him know I am miserable ash l at work notHing a straight ten hours now he finally agreed to extend my time off from work which I am so happy about

• Posted

Hi Brittany,

Hope you don't mind me saying but I'm sure that those ' doughnut cushions' shouldn't be used after repair surgery because they can cause pressure on other parts of the vulva area which in turn can prevent healing and cause bruising. I am sure that is why Matron advise's not to use them. Would feel terrible if you rushed out to get one only to find that you could cause more problems.

The after care booklet I received on discharge from hospital said not too lift anything more that a mug of tea for first 2 weeks then slowly build up to about a no more than a litre by 6 weeks, then slowly build up to 3 litres by 12 weeks. Having said that I have never managed 3 litres, built up to just short of 2 litres by about 3/4 months. So I suppose it can vary a little .

I am sure there is lots of advice in the helpful resource section under forums, gynotourinary site, at too of the page.

Hope this helps as do not want to see you make things worse.

Take care,

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Thank you yes I haven't lifted a thing I can see why they day no doughnUts I did have a family member buy one I day on it.about 2 minutes and had to get rid of it made me feel uncomfortable posture and pressure wise glad to know now I didn't keep using it! Just returned from my follow up with surgeon now that he is back in town had him extend my time off work and explained I can't handle 10 hour days now he agrees

• Posted

Definately donut cushions are a big NO-NO. And most recommendations Ive read in past year are being more realistic in saying your kettle with enough water for one cuppa. But by saying only a cuppa means if people aim for that but lift tiny bit more then hopefully you still stay safe. Cause when you want a cuppa you just automatically go get the kettle to put water in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.