3 weeks right sided pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having back pain that is radiating towards my shoulder on the right side it's as if someone is pricking me with a knife, I had a recent UTI I took antibiotics and the Dr said it has been resolved I had blood in my urine one week ago but there isn't now I was thinking a kidney stone but i had an US ( ultrasound done) and the radiologist reported no stones I've been home for a week and the pain is getting sharper and sharper can it be gallstones ? how can I know ?? 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarahelle,

I've suffered with right sides pain for over a year now. I've had bloods, stools, tests etc. I had 4 ultrasounds and only 1, my latest one, showed debris. I had a discussion with my consultant and demanded more tests. My EUS was normal however my HIDA scan sowed my gallbladder isn't working correctly.

What I'm getting at, is , that even if the tests are normal it doesn't mean you don't have anything wrong with your gallbladder. If your symptoms fit gallbladder trouble then keep pushing for more tests!

I hope you manage to get sorted!

All the best!

Gem

• Posted

Thanks Gem for your reply

well for me it has been 3 weeks now and I have a job interview in 2 days ( that's just perfect right ) I just hope the pain dosen't get worst cos i feel nauseated and my mom and grama already have a history of gallstones. 

• Posted

I really feel for you sad it's horrible. Try some pain killers before your interview to take the edge off the pain. If you have a family history of gallstones then they should be checking you over and taking you a bit more seriously. I'd ask for a repeat scan on a couple of months.

Good luck for your interview!

• Posted

Thanks alot Gem

Well for now I guess I'll try to contain the pain until i hopefully pass the interview then get checked .. I hope there are no risks of waiting like i would end up falling at some point. 

• Posted

The only risks of gallstones are block ducts and perforated gallbladder.there are other risks but those are the worst. With blocked ducts you would go yellow and be in a serious amount of pain and with the perforated gallbladder you would already be having a gallbladder attack and you would know something was wrong, fever, vomiting, diarrohea, stomach pain so bad you can't stand up etc. I had a bad gallbladder attack in January this year. One of the worst pains ever, it just didn't stop. I took all the pills I could when I was breastfeeding they even prescribed me naproxen but that did nothing. My dr said I don't know what's wrong because your scans say your gallbladder is fine!! Went to A&e, but because I walked in and took my baby as she is very clingy etc they assumed I was after stronger drugs and said as I was feeding my baby and as I could walk and my scans were clear there was nothing more they could do. So my advise is, you know your body and what is normal and what isn't. If it gets bad, and you can't stand or take a deep breath in without it hurting then seek immediate help. I have pains every day, triggered by anything. All across my upper back, shoulder blades, under my right ribs and left ribs, nausea, dizziness, epigastic pain the list goes on but it is normal for me now but I know when it's gets bad as my pain changes and I can't do anything.
  • Posted

Hi dear

Consult a doc and go for whole abdomen scan bcz i was also having the same prob too much back pain and it goes towards right hand shoulder my doc suggested me a tablet name ULTRASET for 7days and i got relief so go for whole abdomen scan and u will come to know y u have pain

Regards Zainab

• Posted

Hi Zainab

I already did a KUB ultrasound and the radiologist didn't say anything really i mean the left kidney is close to the liver and gallbladder I Hope she didn't miss it or anything ... a full abdominal scan do you mean a CAT scan or an abdomen x-ray ?

Thanks for your reply 

• Posted

Be cautious regarding taking any pain pills before your interview. Not sure about England but here in the US, many companies test for drugs before they hire. Some stay in your sytem a long time
    • Posted

I only meant paracetamol and ibrofen lol! You can buy them over the counter in England.
    • Posted

Hi there here's an update of my case 

My diagnosis was pyelonephritis it's kidney inflammation or infection I was put on antibiotics for about a week now i developed joint pain and having side effects from the medication i lost weight and have loss of apetite my condition is worst i still feel the stabbing pain in my back and it's horrible remember when i said i had an interview well i passed it pretty well but if i stay like this I won't be able to start work Im hopeless not knowing what to do my condition is depressing me 

• Posted

Sometimes gallstones do not show up on ultrasound scan.

You could ask if you can have MRI scan, they are more likely to show up on that.

In the meantime stick to a low fat or even no fat diet.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.