3 weeks since posterior repair surgery and feel like I've run a marathon!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had a 10 min walk to park yesterday as weather was so nice and going stir crazy. Didn't over do it. Well this morning my legs were like jelly and bum cheeks ache like I had done a 1000 squats! Shattered all day. Have I done too much? Due back in work next week.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

jo jo are you sure you'll be fit and well enough to go back to work so soon? What you describe after your walk today is normal so soon after pelvic floor repair when you've overdone it. You must rest, feet up for the next 24 hours.
    • Posted

Thank you Matron (although that sounds like the advice from my mum)! I think the worst thing is you feel fine but actually not as I found out. Just thought it was down to my muscles being lazy for so long.
    • Posted

Hi Matron,

I am wondering if it is normal that I am getting mild central abdominal pain and a sensitive feeling in my bladder, although my urine sample was clear.I am nearly 8 weeks post laproscopic sacrohysteropexy. My dr has signed me off for another two weeks and I was feeling a wimp. Would really appreciate your advice

Thanks

• Posted

No nothing to do with being lazy in fact you should be lazy, it's the only way you'll recover from this operation and for it to be successful. Don't undo your surgeon's good work.
    • Posted

After 8 weeks sarah I would expect you to have some pain, it's quite normal so I'm pleased your doctor hasn't signed you off the sick yet. It's more common following laparoscopic surgery and is usually caused by the air pumped into the abdominal cavity and irritating the abdominal muscles. The sensitive feeling in your bladder will settle and will probably be due to some mild irritation again caused by the operation. It often gives the sensation that you have a urine infection.
    • Posted

Thank you Matron, that's very reassuring. I really appreciate your advice. Thankyou
    • Posted

Hi matron, just have to say not sure what happened or why you left but hurting folk can be unkind but so happy you seem to have bounced back. So great to see you here. I for one really appreciate your advice and often it was only professional advice I could get, I couldn't have survived without you. Was devastated when tried to pm you and found I couldn't. Called my spec still no reply to p promised call back as still in pain and concerned but coping on pain killers. Know worrying & crying dont help so trying to be po dad I try ove. All will be well. Again I am so pleased you are back with your lady family where we love and cherish you and your advice xxxxx
    • Posted

I've changed my settings so anyone can pm me as before tilley. Thank you for your kind words xx
  • Posted

Hi jo jo c,

I'm sure you will be fine, I think we are meant to start about 2nd week with 2x 5 min walks and work up to 2x20 min walks by week 6. It is amazing how quickly we become unfit and such hard work to get back to normal. Stephanie the pysiotherapist should be able to help you and matron is invaluable source of information.

Phyl xx

Please take it slow and easy, don't want to undo the good work your surgeon had done!☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.