3 weeks to go

Posted , 7 users are following.

had my pre op assessment today and met the physio collected my 2 walking sticks which I have to take into hospital with me so now just counting down the days 

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Keep us in touch as soon as you're able after the op!  good luck with everything
  • Posted

All the very best  and keep reading the posts on here, they are a great help! 
  • Posted

Thank you all will definitly keep reading the posts they have been a great help so far told the physio some of the advice I have had and all I got was no you don't need to do that and you won't need certain things but I would rather listen to the people on here as they have been through it  will keep you posted on my progress x
  • Posted

With respect to physios, unless you have been through it yourself you don't know what you may need.   You are right Sharon.
  • Posted

I will be watching your future posts  with interest! I too am having my tkr in three week so it will be great to have someone at the same stage to compare notes with, good luck
    • Posted

Good luck to you too are you having a general or the spinal block I am getting a bit anxious about the op now it is so close
    • Posted

I am having a spinal as I have high bp. I have had both a spinal and a general in the past. I  felt more  with it with the spinal. I am trying to keep busy to keep my mind off it.I have been cooking for the freezer all morning! I guess it is normal to feel anxious its major surgery after all. Chin up
    • Posted

Good idea to fill the freezer!  The first couple of weeks it really is difficult to cope with cooking!  Some throwaway plates might be a good idea . . even loading the dishwasher was a bit tricky to begin with!
    • Posted

e xcellent idea I would never even have thought of paper plates many thanks
    • Posted

At the same time I had my op I was having a new kitchen so luckily? I was living on take aways, salads and ding meals. Paper plates, absolutely I bought a whole lot, will use them up when summer comes and I can eat outside! I had never had a spinal so glad I did. Good luck! 
  • Posted

only 2 weeks to go now(not that I am counting!)I get my op the same day as you so I have a pretty good idea of how you are feeling.I have been madly batch cooking, I guess it takes my mind off things.How are you passing the time?
    • Posted

Mine is on Saturday 28th have been getting house tidy and up to date on washing and ironing I am still working so that keeps me busy during the day going to see my dad in London on Thursday for the weekend to celebrate his 80 th birthday a week early as won't be able to get down on his actual birthday have you been doing your pre op exercises x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.