32/33 weeks post op.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all well and making progress.Yesterday felt good, repairs fine, insides smoothing over, scar tissue area thickening up all seemed good.

Went to work this morning, all going well 2/3 hours in throbbing lower pelvis felt like I'd just given birth and all raw and sore. Went and got a chair from cafe, but so busy didn't get to sit much. As morning went on getting worse, told I was getting a seat at checkout shortly (11.45), still too busy to sit at self scan. Finally got a seat at checkout but already been on feet most of shift and been so busy running about, only got checkout for 15 mins.

Thought I was OK till went to head for the door, terrible pain every time I took a step, could hardly get up the stairs. So glad my daughter was taking me home in car (would normally have been 2 hours via 2 buses to get home).

Home now in tears, so painful as soon as I stand up or try to walk. At 7 and a half months feel I shouldn't be like this. Really worried now, can't understand as I've been ever so carefully this time round and do not want to have to go through this again.

Employer has been repeatedly told light duties only and while aknowledging this and doing their best they do not really have anything lighter. I keep checking job site for anything lighter but don't think anything like that actually exists.

Getting so scared for the future now, don't really think I have any alternatuve option's but scared my repairs will be damaged but don't understand why I'm in so much pain yet repairs seem fine.

So fed up resting and all the restrictions at home, still having to avoid any heavy chores and limiting time on my feet. Appointment for consultant not for 4 weeks.

Sorry I'm being so negative but really worried now as to what else now is starting to sag?

Phyl x😡😡😡

1 like, 158 replies

158 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Wish i had some advice for you but i can only echo what everyone else has said. Rest up and get checked out.

Brie x

• Posted

Thank you brie, doing just that.

So unfair employers really don't have time or resources to support lame ducks, their priorities are those of their business. So can't really expect to be carried, but really don't want to have to give my job up, and don't really know what the alternative is !

Phyl x😡😡😡

• Posted

Hi Phyl, sorry to hear you're having a bad time. Hope you can get in to see your GP as soon as possible and have this pain investigated. x

• Posted

Thank you Gnomebottom for your kind words of encouragement. My GP is always difficult to get a hold off and I prefer seeing who I normally see as she knows my case history best. Anyway will try get her on phone if no joy with appointments.

Phyl x

• Posted

I've spoken to my GP a couple of times since my op and its good to be able to get some advice/reassurance especially when they know your case.x

• Posted

Yes, your right gnomebottom, it's always good to talk to a professional !

???

• Posted

Hi phyl,

Not wanting to rub salt in wound but ny employers are fantatstic (nhs). Im a housekeeper spread between 2 wards and basically sort meals and drinks. My line manager is always asking if im ok and im allowed to go home whenever i feel like ive had enough for the day.

When i return to work it will be phased and again until i feel im 100% they will work with me and make sure im ok.

As i said i dont want to make you feel worse but sometimes its nice to hear the good side toemployers.

I really do hope you feel better soon and see your gp asap.

Let us know how you get on.

Brie x

• Posted

Hi Brie,

It is good to hear that some employers are very supportive.

I do think that within the public sector employees are far better looked after.

You are lucky to be within the public sector and I am sure you will have a very good chance of recovery.

To be fair GP did reinforce light duties, and employer did reinforced no light duties available; I did return knowing this. They can only move me to checkout once a collegue comes in that is trained on self scan.

I do feel a little better this morning do not start till 12, so just have to get through today and will have rest of week to recover.

Hope you get this, thus is 3rd try keeps coming up error.

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Yep got it!

So pleased your feeling a bit better but please still be careful.

Yes i am blessed with my job but it doesnt seem fair others like yourself that you dont get the same treatment.

Will be thinking of you

Brie x

• Posted

I'm a housekeeper too I've been told there are no light duties as such so have been told four weeks of phase return then full duties so am feeling aprehensive as occy Health said it's the bending, stretching and walking that can be worse x

• Posted

Hi brie,

Have spoken toy section leaders and people manager. They are arranging for me to be on hybrid for an hour on Sunday morning then the till for the rest of the morning. So we will see how it goes!

I have asked that if this does not work out in the long run could I permanently change my Sunday shift to one where I would be guaranteed to get a checkout seat for most of the shift.

I must do at least one of my shifts over weekend so would have to be a Saturday. So will have to wait until someone leaves or someone is willing to swap permanently.

I hope this is not a mistake as I know that Saturdays can be really busy and Mon-Fri workers tend to do a weekly shop so can be heavy. But I suppose can't be any worse. On the other hand if she slots me into an evening shift, half the shift will be back on feet at hybrids which can be heavy as lots of cases of beer go through in evening.

Anyway feel I've at least tried to get something changed as I can't continue struggling through that shift on my feet, knowing that it will get worse in run up to Xmas.

I know they had me down for the till for the whole shift when I initially started back but didn't actually get the till every week, so will be interesting to see if they actually can accommodate this!

I hate being a nuisance but don't want to have to give this job up so looks like I'm going to have to fight for the right of 'due care', that is the responsibility of due care that an employer has towards employee.

My eldest daughter studied business law as part of an accounting degree and has said to get in there and let them know it's not on. But I must admit hate confrontations and I suppose if I want to continue working I'll have to fight for it!

So will just have to wait and see now!

Any today's shift went resonablly well, managed to get one of the good seats for a cage with great back support at checkout for whole shift. Still a bit sore and uncomfortable but a big improvement on yesterday.

Thank you again for your kind words much appreciated!

Phyl x?💖

• Posted

Darn predictive text meant ' to ' and 'for a change'.

• Posted

Hi Melons would definitely agree that being on your feet for more than a few hours don't help.

I started in this current job 8 months post-op after hysterectomy and front repair, but luckily got my two contract shifts on the checkouts on a seat, along with 2 extra shifts every week and managed fine without any bother .

I managed to avoid being trained on the hybrids/self scanners for at least a year and a half, wasn't on self scan permanently until just over a year ago and at same time most of the overtime was self scan or a mix of checkout and hybrid in the evenings. I'm sure that being on my feet so much contributed to the further prolapsing and having to go for surgery again .

Be very careful and don't feel you have got to rush about when you start back. Take it carefully and be cautious, take your time and avoid stretching and bending if possible.

Take care,

Phyl x?💖

• Posted

Thanks, I am hoping another 6 weeks of recovery will help as the Ward I work on is a heavy ward and unfortunately sometimes I end up on my own, I do 5. 1/2 hr shifts which I'm on my feet the whole time so I know its going to be hard going, hope you get on ok at work now they are more aware, I googled all the rights of us employees it really helps to know our rights take care xx

• Posted

Yikes the more I read the more I'm thankful for a strictly desk job

• Posted

6 weeks can make a big difference. Felt good this morning , but as the day went on getting a bit painful again walking about, and when sitting getting a prickly pain like pins and needles deep inside.

Phoning docs 1st thing tomorrow to try for cancellation. None this morning.

Phyl x

• Posted

I just feel like I'm taking one step forward and two back at the moment although having 3 urine infections, 3 lots of Antibiotics in the last month haven't helped, I'm at Doc's tomorrow (actually made app 4weeks ago) to sort out return to work nxt month x

• Posted

You haven't had it easy at all Melons.

Thank goodness I've not had any infections so far but starting to wonder if possibly got one now!

Know the feeling, had phases of feeling '2 forward 1 back', it makes any progress feel so slow. 6 weeks can make a big difference and hopefully you have seen the last of infections.

Drink lots of cranberry, I sure it helps clear the blood and keeps any infections at bay in urine.

Keep resting and take care,

Phyl x💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.