33M - health problems of unclear origin. Gastritis and some heart problems

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone,

I'm 33, 177cm, 71 kg (76 kg six weeks ago). no drugs, no smoking, no drinking.

my journey began with a nightly panic attack that made my stomach burn and my legs shake about four weeks ago. I have never had something like that before and it happened exactly 2 weeks after my first dose of the Moderna vaccine. I didn't think too much about it back then, now I think it might be related to my whole story.

I didn't have any symptoms of an infect or anything like that.

One week later I went for a little run (modest pace) and after only 2km, I noticed a weird feeling. An uneasiness around my back and s sudden loss of energy. I stopped running and thought I would faint, but didn't. Despite resting, my heartrate wouldn't slow down below 120 BPM. My girlfriend fetched me by car and after eating a banana and lying down, it went down to 105 BPM. Went to see the doctor just to be sure and he sent me to the ER for further checkup. They did a basic checkup and found slight hypokalemia (3.4) and gave me some potassium. I stayed overnight for some additional checkups and about two hours later I returned to 95 BPM. The next day they checked my heart (doing an ultrasonic echo and chest X-Ray as well as checking my blood for typical myocarditis markers. Everything was completely fine.

They also started to give betablockers at a very low dose (1,25mg Bisoprolol twice a day). After another night and some stomach burn I was also given PPI (40 mg) and sent home in order to continue examination with local doctors.

From the moment I was admitted to the hospital I had a complete loss of appetite and had a hard time of eating at least half of my meals. I also suffered from extreme fatigue and could hardly keep my eyes open for 10 minutes straight. I tried to return to life in a slow pace but it was really hard, I basically felt better from day to day a little bit, but as soon as I did something only a little bit exhausting, I turned worse again. Leaving the hospital was three weeks ago, here's what happened since then:

• changed my diet in order to heal a possible Gastritis
  • lost about 3,5 kg in 1 week after this
  • didn't suffer from Nausea yet
  • stool color changed since taking the PPI (something greenish or light brown, as I'm colorblind to some degree it's hard to day for me). Pancreas enzymes have been checked and are fine, Elastase was also checked and is fine.
  • for the first 10 days after hospital, my left arm felt really week, but not the whole day and only momentarily
  • I also often sweated heavily in an instant when eating or even when drinking something warm
  • in the last 10 days, my appetite returned to some degree. Still I'm not as keen on eating as beforehand, but I don't struggle anymore eating at all. Weight loss has been stabilized by that to some degree (still having a very fat reduced diet now)
  • after a few days of taking the PPI, I started to have a dry mouth and increased thirst, also I need to pee more. This one is hard to tell. Especially in the morning, I basically need to pee as soon as I drink something, in the afternoon that's not the case. Sometimes also in the evening. Sometimes I wake up to pee in the night, but at most one time a night.
  • heart rate has been fine and I reduced the betablockers steadily to 0,62mg a day. After 4 days of taking none, I had an episode of 100 BPM four days ago at night.
  • stomach pain has been reduced more and more over the last three weeks. Did have a bloating feeling or air wanting out through my mouth often at first, but it vanished more and more
  • last Thursday, I got my second dose of Moderna. Did have some slight symptoms (freezing, sweating, headache) for two days, but managed rather fine.
  • since the second dose, I feel like I'm becoming worse again. I feel palpitations now whenever I lay down and have trouble sleeping. My hard isn't too fast, I also don't really feel it skipping a beat or something like that, but I can feel it pulsating through my whole body
  • my cardiologist gave me some potassium / magnesium / Vitamin B12 supplement for that, it helped for a day or two but doesn't really do it anymore
  • my weight, after regaining around 1 kg, dropped again at the night from Sunday to Monday after severe sweating and having to pee a lot from 6AM to 8AM on Monday (4 times)
  • I started to sweat again heavily sometimes when eating
  • since Sunday, my appetite also is down again to some degree (not as bad as in the beginning)
  • also since Saturday, I begin to have strange sensations in my fingers. They are feeling like falling asleep but they don't begin to tingle, especially in the evening
  • I have moments in which I have a feeling that I can't really brief, but SPO2 measurements are always > 98% when that happens
  • I can walk long distances in a slow pace without a problem, but going uphill tires me

My everyday doctor told me she can't really make something out of my symptoms. She has tested my blood sugar multiple times, which was okay. Many other blood tests were also totally fine. The only ones slightly above normal where Immunoglobin and Cortisol. There where no signs of inflammation when it comes to my blood. My cardiologist tells me that my heart is perfectly fine and that he had some cases with slight irregularities and arrhythmia after vaccination which all returned to normal.

Coming up this Thursday, I will have an Exercise-ECG in order to examine how my heart is performing. On Friday I will finally have a Gastroscopy to further check my abdomen.

So why do I post here? I seek some help or maybe ideas. I felt quite good some days ago when I felt that everything was returning to normal, but now I'm actually scared as symptoms are worsening again. What goes through my mind is:

• the weight loss, especially the combination of my stool color and that slight polyuria
  • the fact that I still don't really know where that 120 BPM heart beat came from. Doctors think it's due to low potassium, but nobody really thought about how that low potassium came together. Especially the second episode at night some days ago scares me
  • I'm less concerned about my stomach, as this will be checked on Friday and I can have a clear diagnosis
  • I'm more concerned about myocarditis. There are a lot rumours about it being related to mRNA vaccines, but no doctor thinks I might have one. So basically I'm a bit scared of long time damage because I don't rest enough (which I can't do, for example at work, without a diagnosis)
  • maybe it's a psychological issue, but basically I feel happy and I have a good life. Hard to judge that one
  • and, of course, there is the fear of having something rare and dangerous. Pancreatic cancer or diabetes insidipus where things I unfortunately came by by using Google. Still, the first would be rather rare in my age, especially because I haven't ever smoked in my life and I'm not at all a heavy drinker either. Also, no family history of pancreas issues at all.
  • and, at last, I don't know if this is some side effect of the vaccine that nobody knows of and nobody can treat..

Thank you for your help?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.