3rd day

Posted , 2 users are following.

just discovered this site and what a help it is. Am on my 3rd day. Have been taking them at night - should I take them in the morning? Can I take one tomorrow morning after taking one this evening or should I change gradually - lunch time tomorrow them morning the next dat.

Find I'm freezing cold, have a headache, dry mouth and no appetite - haven't really eaten much since monday night. still at work as I think keeping busy is better for me though I am tired and can't concentrate. Haven't slept properly for days - just dozing off and waking loads. Will this change? Haven't had sickness - maybe because i take tablets for increased stomach acid.

Any advice gratefully received

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi chocco and welcome to a brilliant site.

I seem to be addicted to this forum. Good to hear from a new fellow sufferer. I personally take my flu in the morning. Others have said that if they take it at night, it doesn't work so well. I would gradually adjust when you take it.

I'm at just over 6 weeks and still get headaches and dry mouth. These are usual side effects i'm afraid.

Loss of appetite is also quite common. Mine dipped for a while but is mainly back to normal now.

Disturbed sleep is also common but this will hopefully improve with time. I sleep much better now.

Tiredness and lack of concentration are also side effects. Still affecting me now.

Well done for taking the first step to recovery. I also am still at work although had to take a couple of days off last week to settle. You may find that working will become a challenge with possible irritability. lack of concentration and frustration but stick with the flu and things will gradually improve.

Best wishes and keep your posts coming for any questions and/or support.

smile

• Posted

Thanks for advice. Took it after lunch today and will take it before lunch tomorrow. Hope irritability doesn't affect me as will be difficult at work. Can't afford to not work as expecting to become a single parent in the near future (hence the need for flu).

This is a brilliant site

• Posted

I have also carried on working. I was given the option and chose to keep going. I would get worse and worse at home and would feel like I was going backwards. There have been a few days where I just have not made it in to work, but most days, after alot of tea, and gentle prodding from my boyfriend I have managed to make it in. Some days its difficult to concentrate but at least its a distraction you know?

Hope your days improve.

• Posted

Hi Chocco

It's been a while. How are you coping? Did the change of time you took flu make a difference?

Keep posting if you just want to get things off your chest or have any queries. We are here to support each other. Speak soon.

• Posted

hi MP

now on day 17 - taking tablet in morning, around 9 ish and not feeling too bad.

Chills have now gone and not getting the shakes so often

still get muggy head though and not sleeping well - am on holiday from work this week so don't know how i'll be next week when i go back

• Posted

Morning Chocco,

Hope things are well, ive just read a few of your posts about what time you take your tablet etc......i find the morning is the best time personally and hope this works well for you - i nice lift in the morning is well appreciated!

Glad to see the chills have gone, you should be feeling the full effects of Flu within the next few days as my doc and counsellor both told me it takes 3-4 weeks for the system to get used to it. From here on out it should be a bit easier to get thru the day - fingers crossed.

Im pretty sure sleep-deprivation is the most common of the side effects of Flu, ive suffered with it badly at the start, but now at week 15 its getting back to normal. Potentially a sign my body is in recovery - heres hoping.

Have a wonderful week off work and try as best as possible to relax. I know home situations may not be helpful at the moment but do your best not to get stressed or anxious and keep us updated if you need anything or just to vent about your day.

All the best

• Posted

I'm really glad I found this thru Google.

I'm on my 2nd day and I've had a headache all day

and vomited.

Part of the reason I'm on antis is because I get awful headaches.

My stomach seems to be objecting to Fluoxetine.

As I sit and type this I feel utterly rubbish and still like I need to be sick.

Should I go back to my doctor sooner than the 3 weeks time I have booked?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.