3rd week on prozac

Posted , 4 users are following.

The last 3 weeks have been hell.. I'm on 30mgs. For anxiety n panic disorder.. I'm getting every single side effect u can get.. n the worst part about it is I was looking for help for my anxiety n it's giving it to me 100x worse.. I'm starting to give up.. I feel like I'm going crazy.. I cry every night to go to sleep bc the mornings are the worst.. when and does this anxiety, fear, panicy feeling go away.. please help I'm so scared.. I'm on 2mgs of ativan a day to help but that's barely doing anything..

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Id say you need to tell your doc the ativan isnt helping at that small dose..that is very low
  • Posted

Id go see about trying something new. I have taken just 1mg in the past and it mellows me out. 2 seems like it should be doing something and more seems sketchy cuz of its addictive properties. 
    • Posted

I take them broken down thru out the day.. 1mg. Morning. .5mg afternoon. .5mg at night
  • Posted

I am just starting with a mix 20mg prozac and 20mg celexa. I have clonazepam i take 1mg to sleep and can take a .25 as needed. So far I have had 5 day of a better peace. I would report this asap as this sounds miserable. Sorry to here. Im sure each med work different for everyone and stress can make matters even worse as I think besides a TBI and seizures makes things worse.
    • Posted

When did u start? My prozac side effects didn't start until the 2nd week.. yeah they say the side effects end at like 6-8 weeks.. I'm on 3 weeks .. I'm glad ur doing well.. good luck
    • Posted

It's only been a week so I know it's possible to have some issues. One thing different I take in the am vs pm which I have always done. The 2 psychiatrists were both there at my visit because of my seizure issues. They favored the Prozac and clonazapam for sudden attacks. Have been in bad shape for months and know they make me miserable. Close many times going to ER. Been a long while to get here thinking something else but something major going on. Keep on your Drs and log what's going on each day and times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.