4 days away from anterior repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

Haven't posted in a while as I forgot my log in details , am 4 days away from my operation and starting to feel quite nervous ! Don't know why as I have been through it 3 years ago when I had uterus removed due to prolapse so am thinking it will be pretty much the same ? Think it's the recovery time that's affecting me more than anything , am an avid walker and my sure when I will be able to resume walking a good few miles a few times a week? Hope your all well .... Welshgirl glad to hear that yours went well and your ok x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Sorry there will be two posts like his kne , didn't realise it had posted so wrote it again lol
    • Posted

Like this one # dam phone lol
  • Posted

Good luck Sarah,

Hope all goes well, was very nervous my second time round too, don't know why , my BP was high, although was 2nd last to be done and didn't get a bed till about hour before going down to theatre was wasn't sure if I was even going to get done, don't think that helped .

Phyl xx☺

• Posted

Hi Sarah love,please don't worry,I was exactly like you..matron will vouch for that 😂😂😂

But honestly it was a breeze.the worst for me by far was that awful tube

In the bladder. I felt like someone had placed a pencil in my wee entrance!!. I was very concerned about

the recovery but if you don't do anything for 2 weeks but rest your giving yourself a good start of healing.

I intend not to lift anything for a month and be waited on as much ad possible. I have been signed of work for 6

Weeks but feel it will be longer.. You can contact me anytime for advice and most of all reassurance😘

😘let us know how you are. Xxxx

• Posted

I can't see you walking miles for at least 8 weeks plus hun.you wouldn't want to cause any

Issues.. I think after 13wrrks you can build up. Take it slowly and you will be just fine😘😘

• Posted

Hi, did you have a hystorectomy last time? As the repair is a lot difrent or should I say it was for me.
    • Posted

Hi,mic had a hystorectomy last year in July and had a A&P repair on the 19.4.16 both vaginal and both very difrent feelings after the operation.

good luck keep us updated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.