4 days away from anterior repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

Haven't been on for a while as log in details wouldn't work , I'm 4 days away from my operation and starting to feel a little nervous ... Although I don't know why as I had a hysterectomy 3 years ago due to prolapsed uterus so am thinking it may be quite similar? Think the recovery time is bothering me more than anything , I love walking for exercise and usually go about 3 times a week for a good 7 mile walk .. Wondering when I will be back at these levels? Any information on what I need to have in ready for my recovery when I come home would be great ( things to help me with the toilet , body wash etc for the shower? ) ... Welshgirl so pleased to read you have had yours and feeling ok , I was thinking of you on your op day x

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello sarah. Anything you need to help with your bowels you should get on prescription from the hospital but if you're having a rectocele repair stool softeners are useful. Is it a rectocele repair you're having?
    • Posted

Hi matron , not its a bladder prolapse I have but just wondered if any of the ladies had used anything for if they for constipated to help with bearing down
    • Posted

I'm taking dulcoease after the surgery just to help soften.bowels take a while to wake up!

I'm eating lots of oranges,watery soup and lots of veg.sound disgusting the sdoup bit but its very

Nutrient dense but easy on my system lol.xxx

• Posted

You shouldn't really have any problems with your bowels if you are having a bladder repair other than possibly a bit of constipation that is normal after any operation. Drink plenty of water and take stool softeners if you are constipated. welshgirl has recently had the operation and she will tell you she's not had any pain. Pain is much more common after a rectocele repair so you probably won't have too many problems. When you're home rest for the first 2 weeks then gradually build up your excercise always listening to your body so if you are tired or feel uncomfortable stop what you are doing immediately and don't push yourself. No heavy lifting either. What is important is that despite all the information and help you get here it doesn't replace any advice you get at the hospital. That overrides anything here because a lot depends on the type of sutures used and the other extent of your prolapse.
  • Posted

Bless you Sarah,thankyou for thinking of me😘😘😘
  • Posted

Sarah,  I am also scared.  May 10 will be my second cystocele repair in 6 months.  The first failed and I am now a stage 3 prolapse. But I am 77 yrs old with multiple health problems.  If I don't have this surgery, my kidneys may fail.  The prolapse is kinking the ureters, so the kidneys are not draining properly.  So I say, get the surgery done when you are young..  Don't wait.  This complication is rare, but it could happen,   You will be fine. I encourage all women..do not hesitate.
    • Posted

Mine was moderate dorothy and was told by my urogynacologist that itvwill get worse ad I get older.I'm age 48,slim and healthy. In the long run its the best option.good luck on your journey.xxx
    • Posted

Good advice dorothy. I hope everything goes well for you this time round and please keep in touch 
    • Posted

Thank you Matron.  You have no idea how much you helped me physically and emtionally.  Hopefully I'll survive this surgery, and if so,you will be hearing from me.  I'm having my Pre Op testing day this Monday, the 25th.  

I'm glad I found this forum and you.

• Posted

Of course you'll survive the surgery. You're needed here to support other ladies going through prolapse surgery because you have the experience. Good luck for tomorrow for your pre op
    • Posted

Thank you Matron and all the women banding together to help one another. I'll be in touch, God bles you all.
  • Posted

This is also directed to Welshgirl, as well as Sarah.  I am so glad I found this wonderful forum.  Thank you so very much for your input.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.