4 days since gallbladder removal oporation is this normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi its been 4 days now since the oporation to remove my gallbladder was done via keyhole surgery and I am getting odd pains in the left side of my body in the left arm down to the hand and my vision kinda went blurry like I really zoned out kinda thing.

I was wondering is this normal when recovering from an oporation like this or should I go back to hospital

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If you are at all worried or your symptoms do not settle, do go get checked out.Left side pain could be many things but you need to know it is nothing serious if it persists. Some pain and woozy feelings are common after surgery as you have had trauma and the anaesthetic and gas they use to inflate the abdomen can linger a while. If you are taking certain pain meds, they can cause dizzy spells. You may also have some bruising from injections and the iv etc, mine made my arm and hand sore and a bit numb. If in doubt, check it out, hope all goes well.
  • Posted

That is gas / air trapped from surgery , the best way for it to go away is walking , but it slowly goes away . Even though it hurts a lot
  • Posted

A lot of the time it is the Gas which is horrible until it's out , lots of walking about to move it. But if you are at all worried get checked.

• Posted

Hi very sorry you feel this way im waiting to have gallbladder surgery because of gallstones. I would go back to the hospitial if your worried they can let you know whats normal and what is not. Hope you feel better soon and you get everything sorted keep us updated from carmella.
  • Posted

Hi I thought I would update you guys about my issue and it seems that the pain faded but then went very heavy to right shoulder and where my gallbladder was below right ribcage. It felt like a gallstone passing but it faded after 1 day then the next say it was gone and I could take a deep breath without pain.

I may have been doing to much after oporation and could have caused aggravation to the wounds.

Thank you all for advice that you gave.

• Posted

Good you are feeling better. Yes, it is easy to overdo things so keep rested until fully recovered!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.