4 months of tooth pain after fikling

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm at a loss for what to do next.

Four months ago I had two cavities filled, one on each side on the bottom. Immediately I started experiencing mild to moderate pain. I went back after 3 weeks and they said the bite was too high and did an adjustment. She told me that if my could take up to two weeks to heal. I waited 4 weeks then went back for a second adjustment.

At the second adjustment, the dentist took X-rays and said that a root canal wasn't necessary and that everything looks fine. She adjusted the bite some more and told me the same 2 week window. It's now been another 5 eeeks and I'm still having daily pain. It's getting worse, not better. I do grind my teeth but the pain is the same with or without a nightguard.

I'm debating on going back a third time or finding another dentist. I don't want to pay additional money, but this pain isn't bareable for much longer. I'm ready to pull it out myself! What should I do?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've no idea mine has been three months now and my gum is swollen on the inside near tongue and now the outer side I can't rest my tongue down driving me mad

• Posted

Time for a second opinion and possibly a trip to the dental hospital.
  • Posted

You said your having pain but are you having pain in both teeth that were filled or just one of them?
  • Posted

After my surgery i was in severe pain for 5 weeks. Turned out to be Hyperalgesia. I have chronic pain and take opiates every day. I suggest you look it up because it might be that. I obviously dont know your history. But it may be an answer. It certainly was mine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.