4 months po and still having stomach issues

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm almost 4 months post op.

Still, on a weekly basis I have at least one day of nausea /diarrhoea sometimes both. but the rest of the time I'm fine.

I stick to a healthy diet, low fat, gluten free and almost dairy free. whenever I have a flare-up I try to pinpoint which food caused it and then eliminate it.

more often than not I cant find a reason.

On the FB page they suggest Tudca, ox bile and digestive enzymes. my doctor says they probably won't help.

Anyone else experience this. is it normal after four months to still have these issues?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sometime nothing i do helps my stomach feel better!

• Posted

I know what you mean. I never know if its IBS or lack of GB that's causing the issues or whether I've eaten something wrong or eaten too much or again whether it's just stress.

So hard to work it out but I'm determined to get on top of this.

I like my food too much to carry on depriving myself indefinitely.

• Posted

Hi there i love my food too ! i so wish i could eat anything i liked sad face !!! anyway i am now trying the digestive enzymes religously never mind what the docs say they arent suffering we are ! also taking marsmellow root for my ibs so many people have i bs who have gall bladder issues makes you wonder doesnt it ! i was told by the surgeon that having my gall bladder out would make it worse too sad face ! anyway i am not giving up i want to eat my favourite which is pavlova i cannot eat raw anymore my diets very good hardly eat any meat or hardly anything im so thin now hate it ! will let you know if they work or maybe help somewhat i will give it 2 months though so hang in there eh ! i will be in touch in a few minths i am in ENGLAND ?

• Posted

Hi Barbara. I've been taking digestive enzymes and probiotics for just over a week now and I'm amazed that already I'm having such good results. I'm still sticking to low fat, gluten and dairy free and eat no processed food, all fresh and small amounts often. Finally I'm seeing some improvement and I really believe it's due to the digestive enzymes.

I hope you gave success too.

I too have got thin now and hate looking in the mirror. I've also had IBS since I was young.

• Posted

so glad your feeling better i tried for a month with enzymes but still i am struggling with pain and constipation i also eat healthy too now i am going to try aloe vera capsules to try and sooth my intestines i have still lost weight ive been back to doctors but she is useless supposed to have rang me back to consult her collegues that was last monday no phone call so ive booked another app now she must think im stupid im in ENGLAND NHS abosultely iver streched not enough GPs or nurses or hospital beds so dont want to end up there and i feel for my family .keep well

• Posted

I really do believe alot has to do with the diet we follow. I have spent the past four months finding out what works for me and what needs to be eliminated. And with that knowledge together with the digestive enzymes and probiotics I seem to be doing much better.

I lived in England for two years recently so I understand about NHS and disinterested doctors. now.

On the other hand, I live in South Africa where I have to see a private doctor which is very expensive so I try to do without as much as possible. (they're really not interested anyway so I'm wasting my money) I go to the health shop where the owner knows more, has more time for me and the consultation is free 😊

I joined 2 Facebook groups and I can see that alot of people suffer from either diarrhoea or constipation. but there are remedies for both. I hope the Aloe vera helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.