4 week post op for anterior and posterior prolapse. Stabbing pains down below. Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went for a walk at lunchtime today then on return stabbing pains in my groin. I sat down and rested. Still had pains when I walked around. Has anyone had the same experiences and what was wrong?

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Next
  • Posted

To be honest jane you've probably done a little too much. Your only 4 weeks post op after major surgery. Take things easy, take your painkillers and hopefully you'll feel better and pain free very soon.
  • Posted

Hi Jane, i had the same thing at 2 weeks post op, unknown to me i had a urine  infection. As i was in pain on a Sunday night i went to A & E  All these pains and you cant help thinking whats wrong now! I hope this helps and you get some other ladies who respond to you. I am also just over 4 weeks post op. Hope all goes well
    • Posted

Thanks Dee, I think I will wait until the morning and if it continues go to the doctor. I don't fancy wating in A and E. Where in the country are you? 
  • Posted

Jane i am in Northamptonshire, i went with gut instinct and was right re infection, however you could have overdone it today as Matron said so if painkillers work all good. I waited 3hrs at hospital but glad i did to get it sorted.
    • Posted

I am in West Sussex. I'll take the pain killers and see what happens. I thought by now I could wean myself off the painkillers and do more but perhaps not. I find it very frustrating this slow process of recovery. Every time I try and do more it knocks me for Six. I had a sleep for 2 hours this afternoon after my walk at lunchtime then this pain started. When is your consultant appointment and when are you returning to work and how old are you? I am 58 and my apointment is in December but I have only got a sick note until early November.
    • Posted

Hope you don't mind me chipping in here jane. I had the same surgery as you and I was off work for 13 weeks. I was also still taking pain killers at 4 weeks.
    • Posted

Dear Matron, How long ago was this? And what type of work do you do now and has there been any problems?
    • Posted

I had my operation 5 years ago and at the time I was a Senior Nurse but in the community so mainly office based and driving to meetings. I retired early the following year, not for health reasons but because my husband had retired and after 41 years in the NHS I felt as though I'd done my bit.
    • Posted

Fully understand. I am 2 years away from retirement as a headteacher, 10 years as head and 28 years teaching overall. I am not sure if I could carry on for very long if at all with the demands of teaching. The school is very demanding in a deprived area, thank goodness I have great staff and are working well while I am on sick leave but I do worry about returning.
    • Posted

So you also have a stressful job and when you go back to work I'm sure you won't be sitting down for long. You've got some good teaching staff so don't rush back to work. After Christmas I would have thought.
    • Posted

Thought I would let you know, stabbing pains have gone but very achey today.

Thanks for the suport.

biggrin

• Posted

Pleased the pain has subsided and feeling achey is quite normal. You just need to make sure you rest. Take care.
  • Posted

You could always ring your GP tomorrow if things aren't better. It will probably put your mind at rest and as dee has said there's always a possibility of a UTI.
    • Posted

Thanks again Matron, I'll see if the pain killers do the trick and wait until the morning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.