4 week post op for anterior and posterior prolapse. Stabbing pains down below. Help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went for a walk at lunchtime today then on return stabbing pains in my groin. I sat down and rested. Still had pains when I walked around. Has anyone had the same experiences and what was wrong?

0 likes, 56 replies

56 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi i am  slowly coming off the painkillers and yes the progress is slow and i also get frustrated at not being able to do things but i am slowly doing little things but no driving as yet. I am so tired also but cant sleep during day have tried but no good. Not seeing my consultant  Till 12th December and due to go back to work middle November but wont be if i dont feel ready. I am 61
    • Posted

I get the feeling that it is not a good idea to return to work until the consultant has been see. I do not feel that I am in the least ready for work at the moment. The doctor will not give me. Asick note until the old one runs out on the 6th November in  2 weeks time, so I will have to wait until then. 
    • Posted

I started driving last Sunday but certainly know it when I get home. Then I feel guilty about going out and scared to meet people from work! Silly isn't it?
  • Posted

Goodness me 6 weeks is not long enough to be off! you should not feel bad about seeing people from work. Just because you are out and about does not mean you are fit for work 
    • Posted

Yes, I understand but I am a primary headteacher and some parents don't see things like that. 
  • Posted

I wish you luck if you do go back early but better to be safe than sorry. My health comes first no matter what anyone says.  Take care and let me know how you get on Jane.
  • Posted

Hi Jane I was told at around that time it was the muscles recovering from the surgery, which makes sense thinking about it, also the stitches tend to pull a bit.  Just do what you feel okay doing as everyone is so different with healing times.  Good luck but keep resting!
  • Posted

Hi Jane, I an just 2 weeks post op and have done as little as possible for the past weeks other than up and downstairs to the bathroom and in and out of the kitchen to make and brew and get my ready made lunch out of the fridge (thanks to my husband), even that takes it out of me. I take myself off to bed every afternoon at about 3 ish and even if I only fall asleep for 15 minutes I don't get up until I've been there for an hour. 

The one common thing that comes from all these lovely ladies is rest rest rest, so I am taking it to heart and resting. I was thinking of doing a little extra walking around next week as I will be 3 weeks post op, but I will be careful with that. I have my granddaughters christening on the 1st November so I know I need to be moving around just a bit more than I am now.

My post op appointment is on the same day my 6 week sick note runs out and until I found this site I was under the allusion I would be going back to work the following day, I now doubt that very much. I work very close to home and know what you mean about seeing people from work, but I'm of the opinion that it's no good going back when your not fully recovered and then have to be off again because you went back to soon. I have been keeping in touch with one of the ladies I work with and I know she passing on to the MD how I'm going on so I'm trying to keep them as up today's with my recovery as possible so I hope they understand how slow this maybe.

Hope your feeling better and rest rest rest and only do things when your ready.

• Posted

Hi jane I'm only 2wks post op & appear 2 have aches & pain every where my main problem is I have stitches out side do u as I still can't sit down my appointment is at 6wks but like u thought that's when I would b going bk 2 work but listening 2 every 1 on here may b not sad
    • Posted

Hi Deborah, Yes, I think everyone presumes that the recovery time is quick but the operation itself is more complicated than I thought, have a look at youtube and you will see! It's like 2 toilet rolls one inside the other split all the way along the length, both layers and if you have had 2 then 2 splits. You must rest and take it very very slowly. I keep thinking I can do more then have to rest for a few days to recover. Do NOT rush back to work is my advice.

Hope this helps.

Jane 

• Posted

I bought a rubber ring to sit on, that helps. Don't buy the memory foam one, it's a bit hard.
  • Posted

17 days post op today and I thought I would try my hand at a little bit of dusting, nothing major just a quick tickle round, felt fine at first now have lower abdominal pains, really didn't think I had over done it but feet up again now and feeling sorry for myself.
    • Posted

I know exactly how you feel. I have just tried to walk a bit and felt a twinge, was so frustrated and cried all the way home while my husband pushed me in a wheel chair. It is very suprising how a little activity puts you right back down again. Kep chatting to people and they are bound to cheer you up. biggrin do you have help at home?
  • Posted

Hi Jane, my husband is doing as much as he can , but has now returned to work but bless him he prepares my breakfast and lunch everyday before he goes and puts a small amount of water in the kettle for my coffee.

i told him I'd dusted today and he told me off😒 but I just thought I would give it a go. 

Bad idea 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.