4 weeks 5 days post op and getting sharp pains up inside ? Is this normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive been doing little bit more around the house and about 2 hours desk work ( I run my own business ) I can only last 2 hours sitting as its too uncomfortable.    No lifting. the mad tiredness from week 3 seems to have come back today and I'm getting more sharp pains right up inside. Is this stitches tightening ?

am I expecting too much or should I pull back a bit ?

have my post op visit in 2 weeks. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

ellen it sounds as though it is your sutures tightening. That is typical of this surgery, very often the pain gets worse around the 3rd-5th week. It's your body telling you to rest more.
  • Posted

Hi Ellen, I'm about the same stage as you but not back at work for at least 2 weeks and still getting some discomfort and still the terrible tiredness. I agree with Matron sounds like you need to rest more.
  • Posted

It could well be stitches tightening up as suture line healing up. I would have a day of resting up tomorrow.
  • Posted

Thanks for the quick response everyone. Puts my mind at ease. I'll just have to put the feet up a bit more. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.