4 weeks after surgery for posterial and vaginal prolapse have infection

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been given Doxycycline by my doctor and after taking just 3 of the 8 50mg tablets I have the most itchy painful vaginal area which is driving me mad.  I have had difficulty in sleeping last evening and quite frankly after reading the leaflet about Doxycycline I was wary about taking the 1st tablet. It is Saturday early morning and I am at a loss of what to do.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Poor you, pop to your nearest pharmacy, they will be able to give you the best advice. 

Hope you get sorted quickly. 

• Posted

Is there an emergency sat morning surgery near by? If you phone your gp practise the answer phone might give you details? 

Hope it eases soon.

• Posted

Is this all swelling from the surgery that you have pain? Does it feel like there is a lump still there from the prolapse? I heard that there is a lot f swelling after this type of surgery. Why are you on such strong medication if is infection? Why not just an antbiotic?

Blessings to you

Lynn

• Posted

Most likely you got a yeast infection. Ask your doctor for something to compensate that. I never got one but my doctor gave me a pill actually just in case since that is pretty common I guess.
  • Posted

You may have a yeast infection...candida or thrush.   See your doctor.
  • Posted

How are you feeling today? Did you manage to see a gp?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.