4 weeks in and holding on

Posted , 3 users are following.

So this is me, pissed yup drunk, self medicating the hell that is my depression, no self pity just frustration ! Spent my life fighting this dev and although I am emotionally aware of all this is about doesn't stop the rot , oh well give it another week , maybe it will get better ................. I hope x 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise,

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low. Have you been prescribed any anti-depressants? Have you been advised (or even thought about) seeing a counciller?

Zoe x

• Posted

Hi Zoe thank you for your reply but yes, have a long history with this illness and am on meds, citalopram. 40 mg now but from 20mg up and down for 3 yrs, god help this hell and all that suffer it, may you rest In peace xxxx 
    • Posted

I have to say that I tried Citalopram and felt drunk - was bouncing off walls and all sorts - my body just had no balance at all so I came off it.

I've just been prescribed Mirtazapine 15mgs (take half for the first 2 weeks then the full dose after that) - have been warned I might feel "woozy" - but, like you, am trying everything I can to get rid of this horrible depression. I, too, at times turned to alcohol out of sheer frustration (slept well) but, the next day, nothing had changed....

I know you're really down right now but, please don't do anything stupid! xxx

• Posted

Yup I know tomorrow is another day and least I shall be, god bless you and your journey xxxx 
  • Posted

Have you tried mirtazapine?    A dear friend who suffered major depression said that it has been life saver for her.  I take a very low dose and find it helps.  Counseling also helps.  I'm so sorry for the agony you are going through,  Please hang in there.  Have you seen a psychotherapist, or other mental health professional?  I keep thinking that there must be someone out there who can help us sufferers.  Good luck Louise.  
    • Posted

Not tried that, been on citalopram reasonably successfully for 3 years and GP today said stay on 30mg although 40mg helps me more .....::: not sure what will help at this point other than complete crisis yes have been through psychiatric care before although not been in touch since 2003, thought this road was done ......... Guessing not, thank you for replying though xxxx 
  • Posted

Is sounds like the citalopram is helping somewhat.  Perhaps a  renewed visit to a therapist might be beneficial.  Good luck.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.